Chapter 2: The Old Ruins

¤N¤

I woke up and sat up rubbing my eyes. Everyone was packing up and I started to do the same when Ashley shooed me away. "What?"

"Your leg Alex, if you want it to get better you need to rest it." She told me to sit down then rolled up my sleeping bag and connected it to my backpack before handing it to me.

I put my hat back on and grabbed the backpack from her out stretched hand. I strapped it to my shoulder and grabbed my crutches. We were headed to Michina town to visit an old friend of Ash and the gang's. We entered the town and headed for the old ruins. We stopped at the bottom of a big mountain, it had a path but I'm not sure my leg could take that much strain.

"Ash, wait!" Ash turned to Ashley who seemed to have read my mind. "What is it, Ashley?"

"I don't think, Alex can make the climb with his leg."

"Well then stay down here with Alex and I'll tell, Sheena you said hi." Ashley nodded and we both watched them begin to climb the mountain. "Come on, Alex I have an idea on what to do while we wait." I followed her as she walked down the street. "And what's that?"

"Haircuts!" I agreed, getting a haircut might help me go unnoticed. I had my hair cut to the nape of my neck and I felt a little bit better in the warm air surrounding me. I looked around for Team Plasma, according to the plans this is where they were headed. As hours past, I talked with Ashley, learning about her adventures with her brother. We laughed and joked, while we waited for her brother and his friends to come down from the ruins.

We were just planning on meeting them when a huge explosion came from the mountain. "Ahh! What was that?" I shook my head and with all the strength I could muster I ran to the edge of the mountain and started to climb up the path. Another explosion shook the mountain making me fall and hit Ashley knocking us both down.

"Ahh!" Ashley screamed as her elbow knocked against a rock. "Ashley!" She shook her head and bit her lip to keep from screaming. She bit her lip so hard that she literally drew blood.

I helped her stand and looked at her elbow, it was bleeding.  I reached into my backpack and pulled out a bandage and wrapped it around her elbow. We continued the climb up the mountain. Every once in awhile another explosion would shake the mountain and the closer we got the more I could hear.

"You shall be brought to justice!" We were almost to the top and then we saw everything. The grass was burnt and the ruins were nearly destroyed. I looked up and saw.  .  .  .Arceus. "What's happening?!"

I shook my head and watched as a few more pokèmon appeared. Giratina, Palkia, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Entei. I watched as Arceus raised his head and a ball of energy formed. "You shall pay!" He aimed and fired, it sailed straight at Ashley.

"NO!" Ashley closed her eyes in fear and I couldn't move. I closed my eyes but didn't hear anything. I opened my eyes and saw Lugia. "Lugia, thank you!"

Lugia screeched softly and nuzzled her shoulder. Then turned back to Arceus. "Your siding with the humans?"

"Arceus, why are you doing this?!"

"Why?" Ash ran over to us with Dawn, Brock, and Sheena. "It isn't his fault he's being controlled by Team Plasma!" Everyone turned to me and I nodded. "Looks like you did know after all." I looked up and saw Aldith and Weiss.

"Very clever, N." They all turned back to me. "N? As in former leader of Team Plasma?" I nodded.

"But Team Plasma split and those with kind hearts followed me. The ones who want to enslave pokèmon followed, Ghesist."

"Enough of this, Shaymin energy ball!"

"Shaaaaymiinn!" Shaymin fired at us and we all jumped out of the way. Lugia screeched in anger and fired a Hyper beam at Shaymin. I heard another screech and looked up, I saw Ho Oh, Latias, Latios, and Celebi. Celebi flew up to me and touched my leg, healing it. "Thank you." Arceus fired a hyper beam destroying the grass near our feet, knocking us back several feet.

♡Ashley♡

Lugia landed next to me and crouched low to the ground, signaling for me and Al. . .N to climb on. We did. Lugia flew into the sky and I asked him to fly me up to Arceus. "Are you crazy!" I glared at N and he shut up. "Arceus, please stop!"

"Your not the one doing this, it's Team Plasma. Don't let them control you!" Arceus' eyes went back to a dull red but then showed it's rage by turning into a bright red. "You shall be brought to justice!" He shot an energy ball at us and Lugia ducked and it missed us by an inch.

I heard Giratina screeched and a Aura sphere hit the building above us and a piece of it hit my shoulder knocking me off Lugia's back. "No, Ashley!" I tried grabbing his hand but it slipped and I fell. I closed my eyes and waited for me to hit the ground. I felt something grab my wrist and I felt myself jerk and then gently set me down in the grass.

I opened my eyes and saw Rayqauza. "Thank you." Rayqauza screeched softly then flew into the sky leaving me safely on the ground. "Ashley!" I looked over and saw Ash running over to me and helped me up, then hugged me.

"I'm so glad your safe!" I hugged him tightly. "Like I would leave my little brother behind. Your not getting rid of me that easily." I pulled out the pokè balls.

"Vaporeon, Glaceon, Ivysaur, I chose you!" All three of them popped out and turned towards me. "Vaporeon, water gun, Glaceon ice beam, Ivysaur leech seed." All of them turned toward Giratina, Arceus, and Shaymin. Ivysaur used leech seed against Arceus, Glaceon used ice beam against Giritina and Vaporeon used water gun against Shaymin.