#54 She's Still Here

First off I live in my great grandma's house, she was very nice and always made me laugh, but she passed away, and we moved in. When we first moved in I was a little scared, I felt like she was going to haunt the place. But nothing like that ever happened, until we started remodeling.

My mee-maw (that's what I used to call her) had this house built the way she wanted, everything was just for her. But apparently it wasn't built very well so, my dad decided to fix it up a little. We started with the kitchen (her favorite room). As soon as we started, every night I would hear someone walking around, I always thought it was one of my family members getting something to drink or something like that, but one night I got up to see who it was and no one was there. I knew I heard somebody, but I started to question myself. I decided to ask my sister about it, it turns out she had the same problem! We both got scared but soon calmed down, because if it really was my mee-maw, then we had nothing to worry about. We kind of felt safe in a way.

Other things that happen now are I hear footsteps in my hallway, and it feels like they stop and through the crack of my door (my door doesn't close all the way) just staring at me, and all I can do, is just sit there frozen. It stays there a while then just leaves. I know when it leaves because there's always a deep creepy presence there, then it slowly goes away. Also, my cat often follows something with her eyes. I try to look at what she's staring at but, I never see anything.

Sometimes I can't help but feel trapped in my own house! I know my mee-maw means no harm but there's just a very eerie feeling when I'm there. Sometimes I feel like it's not just her, but maybe another ghost.

We continue remodeling and every now and then we hear odd things throughout the house but I don't get too scared, knowing its probably her.