♡two♡

Friday evening

◇scarlets pov◇

I stated at the note for a few seconds before letting out a sigh.
"It's just a prank" I whispered
I scrunched up the note in my hand before starting the car and driving to Jays house.

I continued to stare around and make sure no one was following me. I was a paranoid mess. I arrived at the house and remained seated in my Car, staring blankly into the darkness that surrounded me.

I jumped at the sound of shanay knocking on my window.
"Oh jesus christ, you scared me" I said as I got out of my car.
"You look awful" she said
"Thanks" I mumbled
"No not your appearance, I mean, you know" she explained
"Yeah I know, I'm just stressed, that's all" I said as she handed me a cigarette

I watched her light hers before I lit mine and inhaling the relaxing, dangerous smoke.

I never smoked regularly, only when I was stresses or at a party.

We soon finished them and we threw them onto the floor, their red tips turning black as our feet crushed them.

As we walked through the darkness and into the warmth of jays house, the music blasted into our ears and he ran up to us to say hello. He led us into the kitchen where it was less crowded. He handed me a coke and vodka and he gave shanay a champagne. He always remembered our favourite drinks. We were all underage, me and Jay were sixteen and shanay was seventeen.

"Thanks, we can't have too many because we're driving" I said.
"Shh no one needs to know" shanay whispered with a finger over her mouth, causing me and Jay to laugh.

We entered the garden where most people were. The music was louder and our swear took over the coldness of the outside as we danced the night away.

When it hit midnight, a lot of people had passed out, many had left, most were still dancing. Jay and I carried shanay up the stairs and let her sleep in jays bed. Jay wasn't that drunk and he said he'd look after her.

"See you soon" I said to Jay as I left his house.
"Bye" he smiled as he slowly shut the door behind me.
I walked through the freezing darkness to my car. As I got closer to my car, jays house got further away making it a lot darker by the second. I had parked quite far away because there was already a lot of people there by the time I arrived.

I kept walking through the freezing cold when I started to hear a noise coming from behind me. I began to panick the noise came closer.

Calm down scarlet, it's just an animal.