Petals

"Honey?" Asked Misaki.

"Yes?" Answered Reo.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?"

"It's what's best."

"She might... and..." Misaki had burst into tears.
Reo came over to comfort Misaki and the child, who had gotten worried due to her balling mother.

"We'll put her in this box in front of the orphanage," said Reo.

"Okay," replied Misaki.

Reo had been holding his child Sakura under a cherry tree.

"Praesidio ei"

"What was that again?" Said Misaki as she looked at her husband, puzzled.

"Nothing," he replied.

The small family took the bus to a small cafe near the orphanage. As they started walking closer, Misaki started trudging slower.

"This is what's best," Misaki said as she quickened her pace.

Reo slowly put the box on the doorstep and spread a blanket on the bottom. Misaki then lowered the small baby into the box.

"Wait..."

She had grabbed a pen from one of her various purse pockets and wrote 'Sakura' on the box. She then looked at her husband and nodded.

"B-bye," said Misaki, crying softly.

Reo stared at Sakura and muttered something. He then knocked the door and walked off, hand in hand with Misaki.

A pudgy woman opened the door. A small cardboard box had been left there with 'Sakura' scribbled on the front. The small baby inside was extremely thin with thin fingers and long black hair. Ironically, the girl was holding a pink rose from a cherry tree nearby.

🌸

"Heya tree girl!" Cried one of the boys at the end of the hallway.

"Oh... them," Sakura thought. The four boys where nuisances and would never stop calling her Tree Girl. The boys where known as Peter, Hiroki, Yosuke, and Asahi. Peter was their "leader," although he used them for his shenanigans.

Sakura walked away. She knew better than to t-

"She's scared!"

Sakura turned around and tried to contain her anger. She walked over the boys and stared at them.

"I'm not scared of you. Just leave me alone."

As she started walking away, the boys laughed as Yosuke said:

"Wussy!"

Sakura turned around and started running towards Yosuke. Yosuke seemed ready to dodge and maneuvered his body out of the way.

"Too slow!" He cried as his friends where laughing their heads off. He then proceeded to kick her in the arm. She fell on the floor as she held her injured arm.

"Weak," said Peter.

Sakura quickly got up, jumped, and kicked Yosuke in the face. She then punched him square in the nose.

"Help!" Cried Yosuke.

Loud footsteps could be heard down the corridor. Peter had walked off without anyone knowing.

"What's happening here?" Asked Ms. Shungoshi.

"He ... I was...." answered Sakura.

"This is inappropriate! I leave for five minutes and someone has a bloody nose!"

Sakura was grounded for the rest of the month.

"Worth it," she said with a smile.