Prologue

Secrets
By: Z

Dead.

            The word kept ringing in her head over and over again as she sat in the dark.

Dead. Dead. Dead.

             She sat in the dark, rocking back and forth, as the word rang in her head over and over. Her mind was far away from her.

Dead.

          She saw her standing in front of her. Mia. She jumped up from her chair and into the wall. Her heart began to beat fast as they held eye contact for what felt like hours. "Why did you do it?" Mia asked. "No...NO!" She yelled. "You....you are supposed to be dead." Mia walked closer to her. She looked at her with hurt in her eyes as she said, "I thought we were friends."

           "NO, GET AWAY FROM ME!" the girl yelled terrified. She started to throw things around the room as Mia walked closer to her. She became more and more frantic with every item. Nothing seemed to touch Mia as she walked slowly and smoothly across the floor.

            Mia stopped in front of her. They both stood still. The girl watched as Mia's appearance changed to look more ghastly than the girl that she knew when she was alive. Her skin became pale and dull. Her eyes lost all color and light and began to resemble a dead fish's eyes. Finally, the wound. The fatal wound began to appear as the bloody spot began to spread on her shirt.

            Mia smiled at her. The girl was horrified. Mia's teeth had become rotten. Some were even missing. Mia tilted her her head and said, "Why did you kill me bestie?"

"NO"

"NO"

           The girl began to scream. She began banging her head on the wall over and over again. She screamed began to scream dead over and over again.

"DEAD!"

"DEAD!"

"DEAD!"

"DEAD!"

"DEAD!"

          Blood began to stream down her face from the wound that she made on her forehead. A door opened as a bright light creeped in. She did not notice the many nurses that ran into the room as she was sedated. She fell into a deep slumber as the light slowly faded from around her.