Chapter Five: The House Pt 1 (1999)

The Trackers went in the house to find multiple rooms, an upstairs, and a basement. Bill told the team to split up into different rooms. He said to be back at 4:30 AM in the exact spot they were in right now (which was the entrance). Bill said that he would take the basement, James would take the upstairs, Herald would take one of the rooms, Dave would take another room, and Steve would look for clues around the entrance. And then they went.

 As Herald went to one of the rooms, he figured out that he was in the kitchen. There wasn't much in there except that there was a 1971 stove top, a microwave, a very old toaster, and some cabinets. He looked around to find any food for DNA tests but it was raided clean. He opened some cabinets to find some pots and pans but the last cabinet he opened almost made him shout. The cabinet had a g00se that was sleeping in it. It shocked him so much, he was covering his mouth trying not to make any noises. As Herald was trying to slowly close the cabinet, the g00se opened one eye and saw Herald. It spread its wings and flapped all over the place and was squawking and honking which made Herald fall to the floor and looked at the g00se. But the g00se looked back, staring into Heralds soul which made him paralyzed. The g00se stepped out of the cabinet and started honking to call other geese nearby.

 Herald was on the other side of the house where  Dave was inspecting what looked like the living room. As he looked around the room with his flashlight, he looked at his watch to find that it was 3:46 AM. "I hope we all make it in one piece, it's pretty quiet in this house" Said Dave. He looked at the walls and floors to find that the walls had flower wallpaper and the floors were shag carpet. "This is a really old house, looks like its from the 70s."  Said Dave again. He was starting to get spooked, he never really was. There was this strange feeling in the air of this creepy looking old house that Dave had never experienced before. Sure he went on adventures since he was part of the Tracker team, but this was different, he felt as if something was almost watching him. Dave looked some more to find a old Burt out lamp and a huge comfy leather chair that was sitting in the corner of the living room. He was about to sit in the chair but it was very dusty and he didn't want to ruin his suit or the antique. It was very dark in the room. The windows were boarded up with wood planks and his flashlight was starting flicker. "Come on don't fail me now, I don't feel safe here, this place is creepy." Said Dave. As he started to slowly go back to the entrance, he looked all around with his flickering flashlight. Dave did a whole 360 turn around but when he did so, he saw a black beady eye at the entrance looking straight at him. It was a g00se. He started to run while turning around to see as the flashlight flickered while the g00se was chasing him. Dave was terrified. He ran around the house to find the entrance to the basement where Bill said he would. Dave was relieved but not realizing the g00se was still behind him. As he opened the door, the g00se pounced on Dave and started to squawk at him. Dave tried to reach the revolver he had in his pocket but the g00se blocked him from getting it. He then tried to use the flashlight against the g00se but it was useless, it kept dodging with its neck and the flickering was hurting Daves eyes. Dave couldn't hold on much longer, the g00se was just to powerful. It pecked its head at Dave which made him slowly black out. The goose then started to slowly drag Daves body downstairs.

James started to walk slowly upstairs. He looked up as the steps creaked and squeaked, trying not to find a weak spot on the steps so he wouldn't fall through it. But because of the sound of the steps, he already took out his revolver, hands shaking as he was already scared of what could be in this creepy house. As he had a flashlight in one hand and his revolver in another, he went into one of the rooms upstairs, which looked like a bedroom. The bedroom had holes all around the walls, floors, and ceiling. He had just hoped the the whole place wouldn't collapse. Just as James finished inspecting the room,  he took one step out of the door before hearing a sound coming from the walls in the bedroom. The noise almost sounded like a horn. James, now shaking, peeked back in the room aiming down the sight with his revolver. The house was completely silent. No noise. No sound. No nothing, until he heard something coming through the walls that completely broke the silence. He quickly aimed his flashlight and his revolver at the holes in the walls. James waited patiently for about two minutes until he saw something shift through the walls. For a brief moment, James thought he saw an animal, a g00se! He shot his revolver six times at the wall before running out of ammunition. As he was trying to quickly reload his gun, struggling because he was still shaking,  his flashlight turned off. The house was completely silent and pitch black for a solid minute until his flashlight flickered back on, only this time on the floor, aiming at something. It was a g00se staring directly at James. He stood there, paralyzed by the beady eyed bird. The g00se lunged at James, pecking him. James thought in his mind, "I can't go like this." He reached for the door but another g00se blocked him and closed the door, blood seeping through it.