Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It was a normal day for Hiccup, or as normal a day when living with your demonic girlfriend, a pet dragon, and a sassy cookie jar who is taking yodeling lessons. Hiccup was behind his computer, working on his latest design when his phone ringed. "Hello?" Hiccup answered as he picked up the receiver.

"Good day is this Mr. Haddock?" Came from the other end of the line.

"Yes this is." Hiccup answered. He wondered what this was about since he had no conference calls scheduled for today.

"I'm Principal Macril from Berk Elementary and I'm calling about your nephew Mr. Hofferson. We could not reach his parents and he gave us this number to call afterwards."

"Is he alright?" Hiccup asked immediately as his eyebrows shot up. He knew Astrid's little brother didn't exactly like him but they had warmed up to each other. He had been surprised to hear that Matthew was attending elementary school in the human world.

"He seems to have gotten into an altercation with a fellow student. We would appreciate it if you could come to the office so that we can talk about this." Came from the other side of the phone.

"Right, I'm on my way." Hiccup said and then he hung up before grabbing his coat. He still wondered why the school had called him and not Astrid's after they couldn't reach his parents. He was after all not technically his uncle,..... Yet.

Hiccup drove to the school in his small black Mini Cooper. He had left Cookie in charge of the house while he was gone and hoped the jar could keep an eye on Toothless who was in his curious stage. He made it in record time and parked before heading into the building and up to the Principal's office. After knocking he entered the office to see a sulking Matthew, a larger boy sporting a black eye as well as some scrapes and bruises, and four other adults in the room.

"Mr. Haddock, thank you for coming so quickly. I'm Principle Macril." The man introduced as he beckoned Hiccup inside. Hiccup took a seat next to Matthew and looked at the other occupants. "These are Mr. and Mrs. Meathead, the other boy's parents and this is Matthew's teacher Mr. Deranged who stopped the scuffle on the playground."

Hiccup looked at them all and raised his eyebrows when he recognized Dagur. Heather's brother had gone to a different High School than them because he had nearly send their principal careening into a vat of cornstarch. He had never thought he'd see the crazy guy again and was surprised to see him becoming an Elementary school teacher. Dagur gave no indication that he remembered Hiccup and before he or the principal could say anything else Mrs. Meathead started making demands. "I want that boy expelled! How dare he hurt my little Burt!!"

Hiccup looked at the boy with the black eye and saw him shooting glares at Matthew who was still sulking.

"Now there is no need for expulsion." Hiccup quickly said as he tried to get the woman to calm down. He had a good idea why Matthew hadn't called Astrid. She'd probably let her axe do the talking.

"That boy hit my baby!" She shouted while gesturing towards her son's black eye. His father meanwhile just sat there scowling at everyone. "Thuggory darling, tell them that the boy needs to be expelled." She now said while turning towards her husband who was dressed in an impeccable suit.

"Right you are dear." He agreed quickly.

Hiccup could see both the principal and teacher nod and he frowned. 'Were these people serious?' he thought to himself before saying "Now hold on a minute. You're actually agreeing to this?"

"Well.... Mr. and Mrs. Meathead have been top contributors to many of our school's sports programs." The Principal said as if that was the best reason.