Side story - The Bee

Not fast enough! She cursed under her breath, bracing herself for the impending crash. The monster caught her by her ankle and promptly swung the heroine towards the streets below, then leaped down after her to continue his assault.  A small red car broke her fall, swiftly knocking the breath and almost the consciousness out of her.

Gotta move.  Get up, dammit!  Her drowsy mind pleaded with her.

She willed her wings to lift her up and carry her a short distance away from Cinderblock, an  akumatized construction worker. She fumbled her trompo around, straining her focus on casting it into a proper spin. Beams of light seeped out of the teardrop shaped weapon, blinding the concrete covered monster for a moment. The weapon transformed into a shortbow, which the black and yellow striped heroine quickly put to use.

Aiming at her target, Queen Bee drew back the string with an arrow of light and shot at the akuma, unleashing a flurry of speared shaped light beams. They stuck, then sunk into the monster's muddy layer, causing the concrete hulk to chortle at the seemingly ineffective attack. Cinderblock launched concrete projectiles at the bee, sending her back into the ground, trapped under a heavy, thick mass of concrete.

As he advanced on the trapped heroine, light began to flicker from the holes in his concrete shell, where the light beams had speared him. His shell then violently exploded, freeing the man inside. The worker slumped over, unconsciously unaware of the ordeal, with a broken hammer in his grasp. After clumsily pulling herself out of the grey sludge, Queen Bee willed her shortbow to regress back into the small, oval trompo, which she cast into a spin a second time to transform into a round jar.  

The black marble butterfly fluttered out of the hammer, which the heroine quickly caught with her transformed tool. She took a moment to let her racing heart die down, wondering when engaging in these fights would get easier.  At this point, she would settle for not constantly feeling that certain death was imminent with every akuma fight.  Hearing her hairpin's warning beeps as the stripes began to flicker away, the bee hastily took flight towards the Eiffel Tower. She tapped her oversized shaded glasses to make a call on the way.

"I'm glad we could finally meet, I've been hearing about your work across Europe" Ladybug greeted the hovering bee.

Hands on hips, the blonde bee shrugged with feigned bravado, hiding a wince of pain she inherited from the fight. She couldn't mess up first impressions with her longtime idol. Hopefully one day Ladybug would see her as a worthy partner and heroine in her own right.

"What can I say? I do create quite a buzz wherever I go."

Ladybug smirked. "Are you sure you're not related to Chat Noir? "

"Ugh, whatever. I am much more impressive than that lame alley cat," Queen Bee retorted, eliciting a heavy eye roll from the red and black clad heroine.

Ladybug had to admit that she was quite curious about the new miraculous holder and wanted to know more about her. She wondered about the yellow and black striped heroine's background, what part of the world she resided, if she was a teenager like her, and her origins with her recently acquired miraculous. It had been a few months since the miraculi were released to find their holders. She and Chat Noir were losing hope and patience waiting for reinforcements to become realized, especially with each battle against Hawk Moth putting the beleaguered duo in more peril.

Queen Bee opened the jar to free the butterfly, watching in wonder as Lady Bug threw her yoyo out and restored the tainted butterfly. The last stripe began to flash away from the hairpin. 

"I've gotta jet now. Maybe we can do this again, you know, whenever you need someone to get you out of a sticky situation. Smooches!"

The indigo haired heroine waived goodbye at her new ally, knowing this was going to be an interesting partnership.
__

The slight tingling touch of buzzing wings tickled her nose, rousing her from slumber. Her body felt sluggish and still ached in several places from her battle days ago. An arm lazily swatted around her head, unsuccessfully repelling the bee miraculous.

"Ugh, I have an alarm clock, you know!"

If Pollen had learned anything about her new holder, it was that she was many things, but not a morning person. The little hovering bee inwardly giggled, watching the disheveled young woman stumble through her morning routine, then rush downstairs for breakfast with daddy before heading off to school.  She had gone abroad for the summer and most of Fall, only having recently returned to Paris to finish her senior year.  Her life as a commoner, doing charity and volunteer work as required by the overseas study program shell shocked the spoiled rich girl at first.  But she somehow acclimated to it, and learned a newfound satisfaction from helping others, much to her own surprise. 

It was during her day of volunteering, where she was loading and unloading sundries, canned food, and other essentials donated from local churches to a shelter, that she and Pollen met. 
While moving boxes, she caught a young boy running off to the streets and right into oncoming traffic.  Without a second thought, the young woman sprinted towards him, pulling him back to safety as a car swerved to miss them.  Shortly after the incident, she noticed her hairpin, a personal donation given to her by a strange old man a while ago, softly glow, and a bee miraculous materialize before her.  The black eyed, winged kwami introduced herself and told her of the miraculous she now held and the powers and duties that came with it. 

Professor Rosseau called for his students' attention. 

"Students, we have a newcomer, or should I say, a returning student to this school, joining our class today.  Please treat her well, and help her get settled back into our school."

Entering the room, she introduced herself, taking note of the familiar and new faces in the audience before her.

"Chloé Bourgeois, daughter of our famous Mayor Bourgeois of course," the girl announced.  "And now that I'm here, you can thank me later for making your class more awesome with my presence," she added with a smirk before taking her seat.

Chloé peered behind her to confirm what she suspected she caught a glimpse of.  Several rows away, her Adrikins sat, returning her gaze with a surprised smile on his face. Her cobalt blue eyes locked onto the indigo haired girl sitting next to her beloved childhood friend.

Of all people, Marinette? Why was she next to him, and sitting so comfortably close at that? Her glare travelled further down to witness a horrible sight; her dear Adrien lightly, but affectionately squeezing Marinette's hand.

———
Thanks for reading!!!! If you liked it, please vote and/or leave a comment!