Prolouge: The Blue Child

A/N: First story, so have mercy.
Mortal Kombat belongs to Ed Boon. I only own my story and my OC.
((And no, this is not a Scorpion X OC. This is just a FRIENDSHIP
The Tournament was only a few days away, and he was feeling confident. And so was She.
Scorpion would never admit it, but seeing her running around in the cave they claimed as home was relaxing...and straight up entertaining (but he will never admit it).
"Scorpie!! Aren't you excited!?" Her high-pitched voice cut off his meditated state.
"Nōnēmu, what have I told you about saying that name?" He replied to her, getting up. She does this so often, that he doesn't even cared.
"Awww, I'm sorry!! But I'm really excited!! All of our hard work are gonna make it or break it, in Kombat!! We are so close to your goal!!" Her smile seem to always warm his heart, and in a good way.
"And when we are finished with Sub-Zero, will you tell me what you promised?" He asked. It was part of their deal, and so far he was keeping his side.
She stared for a few seconds, but nods.
"Yes, a deal is a deal..." Her face dropped, then she smiled sadly. He forgot that the cheerful facade was only temporary.
"Anyway, it's 10 at night. I'm heading to bed...." Every time he talks about her secret, she drops everything and goes silent.
"Alright, but remember..." he got on one knee, to he would be within eye-level of her.
"I am here for you, just as you were there for me. You helped me, and trusted me. So you should know that I trust you, too. I will be there, if you required assistance." He said calmly, his demonic voice mostly gone. Nōnēmu looked at him, and, let a small smile.
"Thank you..." She hugged him, and he hugged back.
Later, Nōnēmu slept soundly in his arms. As he stroked her long white hair, he couldn't help but see an image of his son. And he smiled, under his mask.
"I lost my family once...I will not lose you..."Was the thought in his head, as he hugged Nōnēmu.