Chapter 3: The Talk

"Mortal Kombat?" She asked, curious. Scorpion simply nodded, as he readies his swords.
Quan Chi has just informed them (more specifically him, since Quan Chi can't see her).
"It is a fighting tournament. Sub-Zero will be there" He talked, not looking at her.
"Oh! This is great news!! Maybe we can confirm if its...
"For the last time, SUB-ZERO KILLED MY CLAN!! Enough with your stupid games and theories!!" He screamed, body spontaniously conbusting. Ever since she learned about the Lin Kuei, the brat has been filling his head with theories and "logic". Even if they made sense in his head, he will stick to his gut feeling, through an through. Scorpion is not someone people can control. He will no allow it!!
"Scorpion, you want to seek revenge for them, I know. I just want to help you move on, and give you closure. Closure you..."
"SHUT UP!!" He said, launching a spear through her head. It just remainned there, until she pulled it out, casually.
"Please!! Just listen to me, for once!!" She screamed, eyes glowing blue. She knows he hated that color.
"No!! You listen!! All this time, you stick your nose into my problems, as if my mind wasn't enough!! Why can't you just leave me alone with my business!?" He shouted at her. All of his pent of rage rising to the surface.
For the first time, Scorpion saw her eyes darkened, and her face twisted into one of pure anger.
"Why!? WHY!? Because I'm stuck with you!! I can't do anything else!! I can't touch anything!! I can't talk to anyone but you!! I can't stop seeing your memories and thoughts!! I can't even use my powers, properly!!" For once, he felt fear. As she stepped forward to him, Scorpion seem to see a light blue aura surrounding her.
" I...I don't even know...what happened to my own..."friends"...why did they fight...and why did they shoot me..." he can clearly see tears leaking down her eyes. And all at once, his anger faded away, And was replace with the same feeling of sympathy that was there from day one.
He doesn't know why he felt sorry for this girl, he doesn't even know why he felt mad. For the most part, she doesn't interrupt any mission Quan Chi has for him. She keeps her distance. And one time even got him out of a sticky situation with a powerful Oni by TALKING, of all things.
Not to mention the fact that she was, all in all, just a little girl. A child who is confused, scared, and if what he saw of her mind was true, was thrust into a life she didn't have time to prepare. Yet she always smiled, always thinking positively. Always hiding her burdens behind a plaster on grin.
The more he think about it....all the time he was mad at her was due to her honestly wanting to understand the situation, and he was the only one willing (and able) to answer. And because he was annoyed by the color of her dress.
And for once, since his ressurection, he felt guilt...
"Hehe, you actually think for once" a small giggle stopped his train of thoughts.
"What....were you reading my mind AGAIN!?" he screamed.
"Didn't you hear my rant? I can't help it. Besides, you have almost unlimitted access to my mind. Remember?" She crossed her arms. The blue aura was gone, so were the tears, and she was back her usual cheerful self.
"Look, I understand how you feel. I got shot by my friends, so we're on the same boat in that regard. But you need to stop letting rage dictate your undead life. You didn't come back to shout and scream like some lunatic. You came back because you wanted to give your family closure. You want to have vengence, because you cared about them. And for the most part, that's good. But let that revenge plot comsume you, to the point of hindering your logic, and you will regret everything you've worked up to do" Today was a day for first(s), isn't it? This is the first time he has seen ever her serious. Her posture was relaxed, but there was an air of authority, way beyond her age. But then again, it doesn't suprise him, at this point.
"What do you suggest we do, then?" He asked, glaring at her, but not with rage.
"What I've been saying this whole time: USE YOUR FREAKING MIND!!" She screamed. If she wasn't invisible, the whole realm and beyond wouod have heard her.
He sighed, thinking rationally, and carefully. He knew what he can do....
"The tournament will not start until the next few weeks. If you can make a strong case that Sub-Zero might not be the one to slaughter my family, I will listen to you. If not, you will stay silent while I finish him" he examined her body language, and she looks to be thinking it over. Then look at him, with determination in her eyes
"You got a deal, Scorpion" she extended her, and he shook it, sealing the deal