Chapter 1

Heartbroken. That's all I felt when I heard that my had parents died. My parents were like my best friends. the time we spent together was always fun. But that was 8 years ago. Now I live alone in this house with my dog Brady. He is the only family I have left. We keep each other company. I'm only 17 so I still have to go to school. Ugh school. What a miserable place. Yeah I get good grades but the people there aren't all that great. The only reason I go anymore is to see Taylor. I've had a crush on her for a long time. But she doesn't even know I exist. She is so beautiful and kind. I would do anything to be with her.

I hate being a girl. I've never felt comfortable in my own skin. I have always wanted to be born a male. There isn't a way to describe it. I never knew why I feel like this. I guess I just do.

I hear a bark and I jump up.

"Brady what is it?"

I look at the clock and see the time. he must be hungry. I pour him some food and goes right to eating. I better get to bed soon I have school tomorrow. I run upstairs and take my long blonde hair
out of its pony tail. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I look at the mirror and scrunch my face up. I hate my body. I wish I was a guy. It would be so much easier. Not to mention I wouldn't have to worry about getting my period. I chuckle to myself and head to bed.

As I lay in bed I stare at the ceiling thinking about what it would be like to be a guy. I would have a chance with Taylor. Maybe I would even feel comfortable in my own skin. As Brady came up and curled up next to me on the bed. I drifted off into what would be a restless sleep.

I look down and see Taylor cuddled up next to me. This feels so good. She looks up at me.

"I love you Mason"

" I love you too Taylor"

She straddled me and kissed me. I kissed back more than eager. I've waited for this for so long. She starts grinding into me and I feel something becoming hard. God this feels so good. I grab onto her waist and kiss her with more force. Suddenly I hear a bark. Wait what? Brady isn't even here. I hear it again. And then a second time.

I wake up with a start and see Brady barking at me. What a dream. Wait. She called me Mason? but my name is Marissa. I try to think back to the dream. I remember my masculine body. My hair was short and I felt different. I felt good. I run into the bathroom and look in the mirror. I sigh.

" nope. still me."

Welp, gotta get ready for school. I throw on my usual hoodie and jeans and slip on some converse. I grab my keys to my Mustang and head out the door, but not before saying goodbye to Brady and making sure he has enough food to last him the day.