Book 1 Chapter: 7 The Fireferrets

"Uhm Hello? Amon Sir? I think there's been a big missunderstanding" I tried to make up time so Eesy could do her thing. Whatever it was she was going to do. But Amon was coming closer I was getting scared. Not that I haven't been scared before but now I was on the verge of passing out. I took a glance back to see what was taking Eesy so long when the whole factory was shaken by an earthquake followed by an explosion. Eesy, the signal. Smoke filled the entire room and the people started screaming in fear. I saw Amon dissapear in the smoke and decided to follow his example. I turned around and headed down the direction I came from when I stumbled upon a limp body.

It was Eesy. She wasn't moving. I was just about to pick her up when an Equalist jumped on my back. I gasped trying to shake him off but someone grabbed him and threw him off the stage. "Bolin, you alright?" A familiar face.

"Yes! Mako! I love you!" I went to hug him but Mako grabbed my shoulder and pulled me away. "Wait!" I shouted and turned around. "We have to get Eesy first!" I kneeled down and picked her up. Mako was furious. "We don't have time for this Bolin! We have to leave NOW! Leave the girl!"

"NO!" I was not going to leave her behind. Not again. So I built myself up in front of Mako and continued. "The girl stays!" Then I pushed him aside and headed down from the stage to the exit. Mako followed me without a word.

The way was just as Eesy had described it. After the last turn I broke down the door and was hit by the cold night air. But we weren't safe yet. I threw Eesy over my shoulder and climbed down the ladder to the street, Mako was above me. Suddenly I felt a buzzing pain taking over my body causing me to let go of the ladder and falling to the ground. I landed on my back a little further away from Eesy who still wasn't moving. I was about to run to her but an Equalists jumped down attacking Mako with his lightning sticks. I had to do something so I threw some earth at him. But that only caused him to come for me so I bended a wall in front of me hoping it would stop him. It didn't... The Equalists easily jumped over it and blocked with a few quick punches my bending. He then pulled out his lightning sticks again and pinned me against my own wall frying my body from inside out. I screamed in pain when....

-----

It was the sound of those electric rods that brought me back. My whole body was still aching and I could barely move. I looked around, I wasn't on the stage anymore. I was somewhere outside.

Bolin!

He was being electrocuted by a Chi-blocker and tumbled to the ground. A young firebender tried to come for his rescue but was quickly knocked out as well. "You benders need to understand. There is no place for you in the world anymore."

"THAT'S IT!" A rush of Adrenalin flooded my body and with my last strength I jumped up creating a pillar that knocked the Chi-blocker against the wall. My knees gave in and I fell back on the ground.

"I wouldn't count us out just yet." a tall watertribe girl appeared behind me.

"Nice one." she whispered to me and helped me back up. "NAGA" She whistled and a giant polarbeardog came running to us. When the girl lifted me on the dogs back and went running to the firebender boy, I blacked out again.

-----

"I hope Amon kills you. Your firebending is gone. There is no place for you in the world anymore."

The voices echoed through my head and Amon appeared in front of me. I realized I was kneeling in front of him. I tried to move but was kept down by an invisible force. Amon took off his mask and was suddenly a beautiful young woman. She smiled at me radiating confidence and warmth. "Well aren't you a little troublemaker." She asked with the Chi-blockers voice. That instant her eyes turned black and her mouth warped to a terrifying grimace. The woman grew with every second until she reached the ceiling. She laughed a horrid laugh when she put her thumb against my forehead. "DIE!" She screamed while sending buzzing electicity through my body.