Red (Anna × Mikoto)

Author's Note:
This isn't a lovey dovey pair so don't rant on about the age difference please, because I really wanted to just write a chapter about the 2. Enjoy!!

Anna's P.O.V.

When I was 6, I was in an orphanage home. Sitting by myself while the other children were adopted from their soon to be parents. None of the other adults ever wanted me.

They said that I gave off a violent aura I never understood what they meant at that time.

One day 2 men came in to the  orphanage, the other children seemed to be afraid of him. A "gangster" was what the children whispered as one of the men brushed back his firey red hair and smoked his cigarette.

I couldn't help but walk towards him. He gave off a warmth... a red that was so beautiful.

I remembered the children shivering in fear. He looked down at me when he sees me tugging on his sleeve and said "how much does the red one cost?"

I remember going to a bar and meeting a blond bartender who would laugh and make my meals.

While the red man would sleep soundlessly. Sometimes I would lay next to him because the red he had was so warm.

When I was 7, I met more people wanting to join us as a 'clan' they always called Mikoto a king and respected him.

I met another person who had brown hair and always had a smile on his face, holding a camera up to his eye. He said his name was Tatara. And treated me like a princess.

There were 2 more people that came up. One with Orange hair and another with raven hair and glasses.

The Orange hair was called Misaki and he would always hang around the raven boy who's name was Fushimi. Misaki showed off his tricks with his skateboard while Mr. Kusanagi would yell at him about not skating in his bar.

When I was 8, I saw Mikoto fight for the first time. He looked weary but took the others on anyways. I remember seeing his body flicker with electricity.

Tatara was the one who calmed him down, before he could damage himself even more. I walked over to him and put my hand on his arm and looked at him, my eyes filled with worry.

He stares at me then sighs patting my head as he lights a cigarette. I touch my head and gasp.

After a month, I remember Misaki running in his hair wet from rain and his eyes filled with tears. When we asked what happened? He said that Fushimi betrayed him and left the clan.

When I was 9, Tatara was shot. Misaki and Mr. Kusanagi were the first to find out reaching to the rooftop. But they were too late. Tatara died and all of us wept, letting our anger get the better of us.

Mikoto turned himself in to Scepter 4, I was the first one he told. When I asked him "why," he just smiled and patted my head again.

I remember before just laying with him as his red glowed while I admire the beautiful color.

"I like your red Mikoto...." I said one day. He opens one of his eyes.

"Why...."
"Because your red is warm...."

"Would you like to have it...." He says.
I nod "I want to use it so I could spread warmth to others in Homra...."

He only smiles then goes back to sleep.

When I was 10, my heart shattered. The pain of Mikoto's death struck me before everyone else knew. I cried out not wanting to accept the fact only to see the Blue king with blood stained in his hands.

I remember the dying words Mikoto said that Munakata heard from him.

"I'm sorry Anna... But I won't be able to show you that beautiful red anymore..."

But I didn't need him to tell me again. Because the words were already ringing in my head the moment he died.

When the sky turn dark, all of us chanted for our fallen king as the red from our pride glowed through the sky. I laughed as I danced into the warmth.

"No blood!!"
"No bone!!"
"No ash!!"

When I was 11, I turned King. I remember being captured by the green clansmen. Mr. Kusanagi kneeled down and said

"Anna... I mean... Red king..." 

I remember my aura raging with power and screamed in warmth. I started to lose my balance as my body was engulfed with flames.

I would've lost control, but it was as if someone was helping me. I take a glance behind me and..... see him. Mikoto, only a fragrance left behind as he smiles at me.

I finally understood what Mikoto meant.... I finally understood who I was.....

I put my hand out as I feel my energy turning into wings of fire. As both of us said....

"Burn them....."