Chapter 5

So now when I go to school I get weird looks from people all of time. Everyone knows about my window but no one knows how it got shattered. My best friend came up to me asked me what happened. I told her all the details but I left out the part about Ashton. She doesn't know about him yet, no one does. The History teacher saw Maddie and I talking and told us to hush. After History we have lunch and I was dying to go. I just don't want everyone looking at me again. It's really uncomfortable and I can't take it, but I have to go. The bell finally rings after what seemed like endless waiting. I go to my locker and grab my lunch stuff I see Ashton looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I smile and he looks at me. His friend signals him to come over. They were just close enough so I could hear what they were saying. "Dude why are u even looking at that freak, she obviously broke her window for attention." "No I didn't!" I scream then realizing I shouldn't have said anything at all. Ashton's friend comes up to me and says "come on we all know that's what happened". As he pushes me back. "Watch it" I say pushing him back. Ashton went to go stop me but hesitates. Then the kid lunges at me and pushes me on the ground. We start punching and kicking each other. Then we hear a deep voice" Ashley Herrik and Carter Linoff, my office now.. "

Oh shit...