IRATIONAL?

"Mom, were going to the beach now

"Mom, were going to the beach now." I yell up the stairs to my mother who was currently wrapping presents for my five year old cousin. Me and my best friend (Sonya) loved the beach but couldn't afford the five pound trip every time so, we decided that we would rarely go and make it a tray if we revised each month for our up coming GCSE'S.

The bus was sweltering and sweat was dropping from our brows. After the half hour journey to the beach we crashed it if the bus and set of to the golden lands. We stripped of our clothes leaving behind it swimming costumes, we always wear then underneath so we don't have to take the trip to the changing rooms twice per session. We just wanted to did as much time tanning and playing as we could.

"Food?" Sonya asked sarcastically.
"I do have my priorities straight you know Son'," I replied holding back a giggle which busy out anyway. I padded the basket over for us to start unpacking do we could eat or bread and strawberries. After the food was or hot long tanning fine so our food could settle. Even though it parents aren't here, they still seem to plague us.

The time had come, we left our things on the dry sand and made our way to the warm, deep blue water. We chased eachother in, jumping the small waves that lapped in. We reached about shoulder height before plunging ourselves in to cover our whole bodies with the soothing liquids. When I came back up I rubbed the water away from my eyes and placed the goggles ,which were tightly wrapped around my left wrist, and placed them over my head, over my eyes. Sonya on the other hand bad beat me to it. She tapped her index finger against her left wrist and shook her head at me in disgust. We then both burst out laughing before Sonya fell over.

At least that what I thought she had done. Bubbles rose up from the water and I instantly thought that it was a prank, but she didn't emerge from the water. I stuck my head under to see the sand being sucked toward her, cutting her bare skin and bikini like they were toilet paper. Her bone was left exposed and her screams of pain were faint to my ears. Blood had swarmed us both and to my surprise, nobody had noticed us yet. The skin from her mouth had been scraped off and water began to flood in, her body expanding like the water was forcing itself in.

I was dragged backward instantly my hands thrown toward the sand, bloodying up my knuckles. Though j was not in controll if my body, nobody else was around me, it was like, like the water was alive. You can't say that this is irrational thinking, what I saw was real. The water picked up the sand and killed my best friend.

When I finally lifted my head from the water my screams became audible to others, but some had already noticed me. The blood! Not the death. The ambulance and police arrived shortly after my screams making me believe that someone may have witnessed the impossible. I was floating in the middle of the sea when the paramedics swam toward me. I put my head under the water to look at Sonya but instead saw the message.

Nobody will believe you, I know that you know that I am alive. Now you will be punished. I only deliver what you (don't) want the most

The message rubbed itself out at I was dragged to shore by a muscular man, about the age of thirty. A towel was thrown around my body and I saw Sonya's body being dragged out of the sea, naked and fleshless. She looked as if somebody had taken a sander to her bare skin. My stomach churned at the sight and I threw up in the blood red sand. A hand firmly grasped my shoulder and I was directed to a cop car, where I was locked in and taken to this station.

In conclusion, I did not murder Sonya neatly but I do know who the killer is. It was the water. The water is alive and I'm never going anywhere near it again. Water is my enemy and I think it speaks to me in my sleep, please keep me away from it because I think I'm a hydrophobic.