Chapter 4: Hi, I'm Joe

Days went by too fast that I did not notice that it's already weekend. Time to deal with my mom's drama in life and all. Meanwhile, I did what Coach Bo asked me to do- I stopped seeing Juan and also, I don't reply to his direct messages on twitter na. It feels weird avoiding a person in school though, but I couldn't do anything about it, ginusto ko 'yun so dapat panindigan ko.

"I told you that I promised my amiga that we will be there by 4. Why are you still in your bed, Kassandra?!" My mom said hysterically. I really don't understand my mom, she suddenly barges in here in my room then she starts blabbering things that I don't think na relevant naman sa hindi ko pa pagkilos.

"Mom, it's only 2 in the afternoon," I calmly answered, "You and your amiga live in the same village naman, so why do I need to prepare 2 hours ahead of time?"

"Stop being hardheaded, Kassandra!" Mom said with finality, "Kumilos ka na, we'll leave at 3." then she left my room.

I heaved out a deep sigh. If she wants to visit her amiga pwede naman na siya nalang, why does she need to drag me along pa? Nakakainis. All I want to do this weekend is to just sleep all day, gusto ko bumawi ng pahinga eh.

I checked the time on the clock on my bedside table, it says 2:17, I still have almost half an hour to prepare. I climbed out of my bed and went straight to my bathroom to have a quick shower.

I opened my closet and looked for a simple and comfortable clothes. I pulled out a plain white shorts and my black Jordan t-shirt and to complete my look, I paired it with my J23 low shoes.

I applied some loose powder on my face then a lip gloss on my lips and I'm good to go.

"What are you wearing?" Mom asked while eyeing me from head to toe as I walk down the stairs, "You have a lot of dress in your closet. You better change your clothes, Kass."

"It's either I'll go with you in this clothes or you'll go there alone." I replied, "You choose, mom."

My mom just rolled her eyes at me in defeat, "Let's go."

I WON. THAT'S A FREAKING FIRST TIME!!!

My mom knows how much I hate meeting her amigas. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against my mom's friends, it's just that I really hate it when they introduce their sons to me. It really annoys the shit out of me.

"You did not even bother to put a lipstick on." Mom commented as soon as I got in.

I put my headset on and played Drake's songs. Nakakairita si mommy swear, kahit nakaheadset na ako ang dami pa rin niyang sinasabi. Sumama na nga ako eh, hindi parin ba siya kuntento?

"We're here!" Mom announced as soon as our car pulled over in front of a house that looks like a mansion. Well, halos lahat naman ng bahay dito malalaki pero iba rin pala 'tong amiga ni mommy ah.

"Hello, Marie!" A woman in her early 40s welcomed us, she's with a tall thin guy with curly hair. Hmmm... he reminds me so much of Javi. Batang version lang.

"Hi, Anna!" Mom greeted her back, then she shifted her gaze to the boy, "You're so tall na, Jordi!"

I was taken aback. The name Jordi rings a bell. Did I hear his name right? Jordi ba talaga? Don't tell me isang Gomez de Liaño 'tong amiga ni mommy.

"Actually Jordi's taller than Juan na." The woman named Anna told my mom, "Anyway, is she your daughter?" she asked while looking at me with a smile.