Chapter 2

A not so light tap on the shoulder dragged Alicen away from her horrible dream. A shiver ran through her spine as she realized she had slept in the same clothes as yesterday.

"You cold or something?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

She snapped her attention up, her violet eyes meet stone cold gray orbs. "No. Just had a rather no pleasant thought is all..." Alicen yawned.

Standing up her eyes met the teens chest. A light blush formed on her cheeks as she realized she was staring at the boys muscles.

"May I ask your name?"

The boy looked away. "Do you always talk like your speaking to the queen?"

Alicen blushed a deeper shade of red. "I'm sorry, my mom use to speak like that. I guess I sort of picked it up after my mom left..."

Alicen shook her head."Name please..." Alicen asked once again a slight attitude in her voice.

"Daryl..." He muttered, not bothering to look back at her.

"Fallow me, our schools best seamstress will do your measurement, and prepare a school uniform for tomorrow. Until then you have to look as close to the regulations as possible."

The two made they're way out of the office and down the long sun lit hallway.

Alicen looked back up at the boy, a light blush on her pale cheeks. She hadn't really notice Daryl's features.  then again she was half asleep and he hadn't really look at her.

His dark hair spiked up in an almost natural way, giving a clear view of his daggered stone cold gray eyes. His jaw line was tight, and his pale pink lips were pulled back in a thin line.

"For once I would like to have a least an hour without some girl staring at me..." He hissed, his voice empty of an emotion.

"Sorry... it's easier for me to memorize names when I see the face..." Alicen blushed, looking the other way.

As the two made their way to the end of the hall, the four troublesome boys from the other day stopped them.

"Good morning prez..." Benny smiled a cheesy smile. "I see you've tricked the new student to be your friend."

Alicen frowned looking away from the boys. "I am simply helping him settle in..."

She'd been use to the jokes and rude comments, but never really the embarrassment. Of course it was embarrassing to be made fun of day by day, but she had always had her paper work to hide herself away when she needed to. Now she had to spend the whole day with this boy. She had been hoping that the other students wouldn't have started their petty jokes until later.

"She didn't trick me into being her friend. I'm not stupid enough to let some clumsy dip shit trick me into be her only friend. Besides I spent the first hour trying to convince the principal to pick someone else to help me..." Daryl muttered pushing past the four teens.

Alicen clenched her fists, digging her fingernails into the palm of her hand. She wouldn't give up on her task, rit was a only for the day. But with just as strong of a feeling, she wanted to turn away from them, and go be alone to let the tears come out.

"Well are you coming?" Daryl hissed stopping dead in his tracks. He looked behind him at her. She was bitting her lip and squeezing her eyes shut trying not to cry. "Hey assholes. Don't make her cry, now I'm going to be stuck with a blubbering baby all day!" He barked at the four grinning boys.

Before Daryl could react Alicen swung the back of her hand towards his face, meeting with a loud SMACK!

"Three extra weeks on clean up duty. Your langue isn't tolerable here... Please clean up your speech or I'll have to report you..." Alicen spoke softly.

She quickly pushed on forward tears streaming down her cheeks. "Well are you coming?" She asked with a shaky voice.