Chapter 3

Daryl sighed stepping out from the red curtain, pulling at the collar of her dress shirt. "This is retarded..." He mumbled his gray eyes glued to the floor.

Alicen shook her head and smiled, her eyes still slightly red from crying. "Good. Now we can say you are a proper student of Cherrybrook High."

She pulled her ember hair back in a short ponytail and clipped back her bangs. "Now that we have your uniform and gym wear, I say it'll be nice to take a trip to the field."

Daryl groaned. No matter what he said to this girl she still carried on. Her attitude quickly changing back to a positive vibe. Her ran his fingers through his dark hair and frowned.

"I'm hungry. Can't we wait a little bit?"

Alicen nodded, a thin smile painted on her face. "Sure... Lunch will be a great time to get to know each other! " She smiled brightly, skipping back down the halls.

She didn't want to admit to it, but she was tired, sore and done with all of his complaining.

.....

"So like me get this straight.  Your a friendless workaholic, who lives a lone most of the time, and is the schools biggest teachers pet..." Daryl smirked, stabbing his brownie with his fork.

"Well if you put it that way, I sound like the world's biggest loser. But then again at least I'm not the biggest disappointment."

"What was that I heard. Did little Ms. prefect just dis a fellow student." Daryl leaned over the table, his face inches from hers. "I guess there's a naughty girl under the mask of perfection..."

Alicen blushed and pushed him back. "Quiet you..." She mumbled, tucking her face into her arms.

Daryl looked at the blushing girl. His feelings for her changed so quickly. She went from being an annoying pest to an innocent child who needs protection.

"I'll admit one thing to you..." He whispered, his gray eyes looking beyond her.

Alicen looked up, blinking her violet eyes at the silent teen.

"I want to be your first friend..." He said plainly, inching his way over to the sweet girl.

Alicen smiled, soft pink color patted onto her cheeks. playing with a strand of her ember hair, she mumbled a thanks and stood up.

"I'll see you tomorrow I guess. See ya later... um... Friend?" She blushed once again and rushed off to her office.

Daryl watched as she left, a smug smirk on his lips. "I figured the Student Body President would have more friends.  Now if I get close enough to her, I should be able to get away with most things..." He whispered to himself.

Leaving his empty tray on the table he left for his class. This year was going to be exciting for them both...