nine; fireplace

inspired by a Rex Stout quote: "You can't think, or talk, or even make love in front of a fireplace. All you can do is stare at it."

Mitch was mesmerized by the fire in front of him. It wasn't often that he and Scott took advantage of their fireplace, especially considering they resided in California. But when they did, Mitch cherished the moments the fireplace created.

Mitch scanned the whole setting in front of him. Their Grammy's sitting up on the mantle, the lighted garland encasing them, and the giant mirror above it staring right back at him were all completely captivating. The fire was equally as gorgeous and captivating and almost too picturesque to be real. Every time a spark came off of it, it caught Mitch's attention, and he would watch as it fell to the ground. Each spark would glow and give attempt to grow, but each ended up going out. The reds, oranges, and yellows the fire was glowing were stunning to him. The colors, than normally would have excited him, were now calming him down. Between that and the glorious heat radiating off of it, Mitch never wanted to leave his current position.

Scott was mesmerized by the man sitting to his right. He always was, but that fact never fazed him. It never mattered that his attention was always focused on him, and even though he would blush when someone called him out on it, he still never cared. Not when a man as gorgeous and perfect as Mitch was near him.

Scott scanned the brunette's face, taking in just how peaceful he looked. There was some beauty in it, something even more than normal. He took in Mitch's brown hair, soft and still a little damp from the shower he had taken nearly an hour ago. He took in his matching eyes, the ones that were always more than just brown, especially now as they twinkled with the faint light in front of them. He took in Mitch's lips, pink and half parted, and if he wished hard enough, perfectly kissable. Scott took in his smooth, warm skin, undoubtedly from the shower and the fire, on which he was allowing his hand to rest. He subtly moved his hand, vying to feel more of him, but Mitch didn't even bat an eye at the action. All these things put together made him never wanted to leave, whether it be from his spot on the couch, or his spot next to Mitch.

As long as the fire kept going, he wouldn't need to worry about it.