16

*Esme*

Draco pulled away. He looked at me before he opened the door and ran off. I walked out and looked around. I didn't see him anywhere.

I knew where he went but if he wanted to talk he would come to me. I ran to my room since I heard Mrs Norris down the hall.

I showered and got dressed in my night clothes. I climbed into bed.

A week went by and the school work got more and more. I talked to Harry a few times but I have not talked to Ron or Hermione.

Winter was approaching and fast. The snow was starting to fall. I stood at my window. I could see the black lake and the water edges were frozen.

I got dressed I long black sleeved shirt,with a white jacket that had fur on the hood, a Jean and a pair of grey boots.

I walked down to the great hall. I was going to Hogsmeade today. I walked into the GH and I felt someone staring at me. Again.
The last week Draco has been staring at me but he doesn't approach or talk to me. It is starting to irritate me. Every time I tried to talk or even approach him, he runs off.

After breakfast I walked to the carriages that goes to Hogsmeade. When I got to Hogsmeade, I walked around the small town.

I went to the three broomsticks. I saw Harry, Hermione and Ron sitting at a table. Harry looked up at me when the door opened. I smiled at him but it wasn't a full smile.

I looked for an empty table and saw one in the back. I sat down in it and the waitress brought me a menu, but I just ordered Butterbeer. I saw Draco entering and going to the bathroom.

Suddenly there was a shadow over me. I looked up and saw Professor Slughorn.
"Professor, how can I help you?" I asked as I looked at him. He looked a little drunk.

"I was hoping to invite you to another one of my dinner parties. It is just before the Christmas dinner. About four weeks before vacation." Slughorn said.

"I would love to you again professor." I smiled.
"Look for my owl." he said and I nodded. He walked away. I was just finishing with my Butterbeer when three shadows stood above me. I looked up and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"What are you doing?" Ron asked me.
"Drinking my butterbeer." I looked at them.
"No, we meant with Slughorn." Hermione said.
"I am not doing anything with him." I said as I left some money on the table and walked out.

"Esme, we saw you talking to him." Harry said stepping in front of me.
"He was asking me to join the next dinner party." I said stepping around Harry and walked out of the three broomsticks.

I could hear them trailing behind me as I started my walk back to the castle. I could hear Katie Bell and her friend Leanne talking in front of me. Leanne was trying to stop Katie from opening something.

Suddenly Leanne screamed and I looked at her. Katie was floating in the hair. The box she and Leanne were arguing about was laying on the ground. Open. In it was a necklace.

I walked closer about to touch it.
"Don't touch it. You can touch the wrapping." It was Hagrid. I did as he said and touched the wrapping.

I used the wrapping to put the necklace back into the box and closed it.

Hagrid took us to Professor McGonagall. She first asked Leanne what happened. She left right after. McGonagall looked at the four of us.

"Why when something happens it is always you four?" She asked.
"I have been asking myself that question for six years now professor." Ron said.
"Well I haven't done anything. Can I go?" I said/asked.

"No Miss Potter. I would like to have a word with you." She said just as Professor Snape entered.

Harry blamed Draco. He says that Draco cursed Katie.

"You know, before I was wondering if you lost your mind, but now I know you lost is." I said to Harry.
"Just because you thrust him, doesn't mean I have to thrust him." Harry said as he glared at me.

"I thrust him because he didn't abandon me like my supposedly friends did." I almost screamed but I was close to tears.

After that I walked out not caring if Professor McGonagall still wanted to talk to me

After that I walked out not caring if Professor McGonagall still wanted to talk to me. I would later go back to her after the three of them were gone.

I saw at the window in my room. I had the leather bound book on my lap.

Draco, I miss you. Harry is blaming you for everything that is happening. I told him it wasn't you. I just wish that you would talk to me. After you kissed me in the broom cupboard I tried to talk to you but you keep running away when you see me. I have a feeling that this year might be the last year I see you.

Love Esme.