Mason

I'm running through the streets on downtown Huston looking anywhere everywhere, tempted to yell for her but I don't want to attract those things to me. I don't even know what to call them the just roam around, the city has been in chaos, all I can hear are cries and gunshots as I run to my wife Heather's office building thinking to myself how any of this even happened. It's only been a few hours since I woke up, I was supposed to be off work today so I slept in and woke up to the news talking about some kind of epidemic before the power went out. Then I started hearing the sirens of police and speakers telling us to stay inside, none of this could be real it's all a dream I thought. Until the guns stared going off, I realized this must be happening, so I went for my bag and rifle and headed out.

As I got deeper into the city I also got closer to the offices, 10 blocks... 9 blocks... The gunfire is louder. 8 blocks... 7 blocks.. I can see the building. 6 blocks... 5 blocks the ground shakes after a loud thundering emmits from the building. 4 blocks the building sways and I realize something isn't right. 3 blocks and the building starts collapsing. 2 blocks... I pause and see it, my wife, dead, laying on her stomach, bullet in her back. I kneel beside her crying, Wondering what would have happened if I were with her. A gunshots rings out as I feel pain in my shoulder as she starts to get up and lean towards me. I go to grab her, to get her out of here as she's shot in the head in front of me as I'm grabbed, I hear a ringing over everything and feel another pain this time in my leg as I fall over and pass out...