Bestiality?

The phone in her hand buzzed for the seventh time that morning. Stiles' name was once again lighting up the screen followed by the word Urgent. Since she had finally arrived at school, Maya sent a quick reply and set off to meet up with her spastic friend.

"Finally, I've been trying to get ahold of you all morning!" Maya narrowly dodged being smacked in the face by Stiles flailing limbs. "Why haven't you been responding to any of my messages?"

"Sorry, I overslept this morning." Maya told him, lying through her teeth. Really she had been practicing her newfound power, seeing how much control she could exert over the water. For some reason she decided to keep this a secret. Maybe it was because she was worried her friends would think she was crazy since she had no way of explaining to them how she discovered this power. What would she say, that a ghostly apparition of Peter Hale haunted her and became her very own Mr. Miyagi.

Luckily for Maya, Stiles seemed to write off her weird behavior. He just believed she was having a rough time dealing with her fight with Jackson. While Stiles never really got the relationship between Maya and Jackson, he knew that she cared about the rather arrogant boy. So he was convinced she just needed some time to get over him and then she'd be back to acting like her usual self...if only he had realized how wrong he had been.

"Scott's boss thinks the Argent's are keeping a bestiary." Stiles told her in an effort to catch Maya up on the events of the morning that had him sprinting across the school grounds.

The brunette nodded, "That would make sense. The Argents come from a long line of hunters, so they've probably been compiling information for years."

"Thank you for being the first person to not try and correct me!" Stiles exclaimed with appreciation. "Scott and Allison were both convinced I meant bestiality."

Maya wrinkled her nose in a mixture of confusion and disgust. "Bestiality? Why the hell would they think that's what you were talking about?"

"Exactly what I was thinking, Maya. This is why you're my favorite. Now on to the second urgent thing I needed to tell you, we've got a plan to get the book..."

Stiles wrapped an arm around her shoulders, leading her down the hallway. In hushed voices, the duo talked over their master plan to trick Gerard. Stiles believed that he was helping take the brunette's mind off of Jackson, but that was the last thing on her mind right now. Her thoughts were much too cluttered with everything Peter had been teaching her to even spare a thought to the boy that broke her heart.

......................

Luck was on their side tonight. Allison had managed to get Gerard's coat at the lacrosse game and she slipped the keys out of the pocket and into Stiles' hand as he walked by. The Stilinski made eye contact with Maya who was sitting up in the bleachers ignoring Jackson's attempts to catch her attention. She gave him a nod after seeing the flash of silver in his hand.

Slipping passed the person next to her with a quickly mumbled apology, Maya left the bleachers and started walking off towards the school. Since everyone was down at the field to watch the game, no one was around to notice as Maya made her way to the entrance. As she stood by the doors, Maya noticed Stiles leaning down to talk to someone in a car.

The boy looked conflicted between Maya and whoever was in the car. But the Williams' impatient waving coerced him to finally leave after he said a few more words to whoever it was that he had been talking to. Stiles ran over to Maya, still clutching Gerard's keys in his hand and the duo ran into the school.

"It's not here." Maya called over to Stiles from her position in front of the bookshelf. "Are you sure Allison saw the Bestiary in here?"

Stiles' head poked up over the desk. "There's nothing here." He groaned, slamming the drawer shut. He pulled out his phone and quickly messaged Allison.