Part 3

"Okay, this is our stop." Richie says, standing in the middle of the hallway pointing to two doors, opposite of each other. "This door," he said pointing to the left, "is mine. This one to the right, is Rose's."

"Our rooms, are down here." Grant says, placing a hand on my back and pushing me forward, gently. My cheeks heat up a bit at his touch but I try to ignore it.

"My room is on the left side, like Richie's, and yours is across from mine." He opens my room door and turns on the light. I was immediately in awe of how spacious and grand it looked. Wooded floors, a four post bed, a huge empty closet and a connecting bath room. I had a fireplace in my room. A fireplace.

"This is beautiful."

Grant showed me around the room, the closet, the backyard view, my bathroom that connected with Rose's. This was amazing.

"I know, pretty grand, huh?" Grant joked. He placed my bags he was carrying onto my bed before beginning to back out of the room.

"Well, thank you for showing me to my room." I offered, giving him a little smile. To be honest, I was feeling a little guilty that I was checking him out and I just broke up with my boyfriend about an hour ago. Who does that?

"It was no problem! Remember, six sharp. Grandma Rose does not like tartiness." When he closed to door, I squealed- quietly. I didn't want him to hear me and think that I was weird. I mean, I was but I didn't want him to think that yet!

-

I unpacked a few of my things. Mainly the things that needed to be hung up in the closet. I brought a lot of nicer clothes with me, I figured I'd have more than enough causal wear at home.

When planning to go home, I knew that I would have to go to a few public events. My brother was in politics so him and his wife usually throw dinner parties that we would have to attend. Plus, being that my dad owned a huge construction company he hosted a few big events around this time and New Years. I was so excited to go to some of these events, I lived for them.

I purchased a few new dresses and one evening wear gown and now I won't be able to wear any of them. "Well, hopefully I can wear you before the year is out." I muttered to myself, hanging the gown up.

One day, earlier in October, Rose and I were out shopping and we stopped at a privately owned dress shop somewhere right off of our campus. I saw this dress in the window and I knew that I had to have it.

It was an off the shoulder, navy blue ballgown. Something classy, no huge rhinestones or diamonds. Something perfect for one of my family's parties. Rose purchased a dress, too. Not as tulle-y as mine was, but elegant non-the-less.

I heard a tiny knock coming from my bathroom door, pulling me out of my day dream of circling the dance floor in the dress. Can you tell my favorite princess is Cinderella?

"Can you believe this freaking place?" Rose exclaimed when I opened the door. "Wait you've never been here?" I asked, shocked. "No! I've been to his mom and dad's place- which is ginormous, too- but never here."

"This could probably fit my house and your house in it, together!"

"I know, Kit!" We stood there, for what seemed like ever just smiling a each other. "I'm so glad you came with us this year!

"I think I am, too."

-

"Are you ready?" Rose asked, bursting into my room, this time through the hallway entrance. "I think I am, do I look ok?" I spun around, showcasing my outfit. I wore a pale pink shirt with black pants and nude flats. Half of my hair was pinned back and I only had on lipstick, I wasn't one for makeup. "Yes, and your love of pearls add a nice touch." Rose looped her arm through mine and pulled us towards the door. "I think Grandma Rose will enjoy that." She adds.