huit

-          "really?"

"of course!"

jeongguk was taken aback. "are you sure? it's a lot of staring in one direction..."

"that's fine by me," yerin promised. "i'm good at sitting still."

"i—wow, thank you so much," jeongguk breathed a sigh of relief into his mug. "i owe you one. or five."

"it's really no big deal," yerin assured him with a smile. the timidness she felt at the beginning of their conversation was rapidly fading. "if you need anymore help settling in here, let me know, okay?"

"stop being so nice," jeongguk groaned jokingly. "now i owe you six."

yerin laughed, looked down at her half-full mug. she hadn't even noticed herself sipping it. "when do you wanna do it?"

"we could meet here tomorrow around 5? if you're free—"

"i am, i think."

"great!" he stood, slipping his backpack back on his shoulders. "i have a test to study for, so i'll see you soon?"

"yeah," yerin smiled through rosy cheeks, and kept smiling as she watched jeongguk leave his empty mug in the bin and pull his blue bobbled hat onto his head, shooting her a grin as he did so.

then he pushed open the café door and disappeared into the night, and yerin was left with a racing heart and a great story for jimin.