vingt

- it was almost noon when yerin opened her eyes the next morning. reaching for her phone, a text from a name she didn't recognize caught her eye.

jgguk97 wants to connect with you !

yerin hastily accepted the request.

jgguk97: hey yerin its jeongguk

jgguk97: nice seeing u at the party... reminded me of this thing i wanna show u

jgguk97: are u free this afternoon? the cafe's closed but the lib is open

shyeri: what time?

jgguk97 is typing...

jgguk97: 2:30?

shyeri: i'm free

shyeri: see you there

jgguk97: :)

sitting up in bed, yerin brought a hand to her forehead. it's too early for this...

she was suddenly jolted by a moaning wail from the other side of the room. mina was awake.

"good morning to you too," yerin replied cheekily. "serves you right for getting home at 3 and waking me up."

"at least i didn't bring anyone with me," mina mumbled grouchily. "you would've really hated me then."

"so the party wasn't a success?"

"do i look any less single?" mina pushed her head out of the covers, her hair a tangled mess, makeup smudged around her eyes.

yerin sighed pityingly. "no comment. you should have some water." she crossed the room to the cramped bathroom, and started to fill a mug.

"i saw that boy was there," mina called from behind her.

"how do even you know that's the same one? you've never seen him," yerin noted, determined to be unphased.

"c'mon, as if you've ever brought up any other guy in conversation with me. ever."

"i talk about guys plenty," yerin said defensively.

"oh yeah? name one."

"...minaaa don't be like this," yerin whined, placing the mug of cold water by her bed.

mina chuckled weakly from under her covers. "my tiny baby roommate is scared of boys."

"i am not!!" yerin spoke over her. "and anyhow, while you spend the day recovering from last night, i will be out with a boy. so there."

"the same one, of course. no surprise there. has he painted you naked yet?"

"mina!!!!!!!" yerin threw a pillow at her, which only made her laugh louder.

"i have a headache," mina complained between giggles. "stop making me laugh."

"i'm not doing anything!" yerin pouted from the floor. "now drink your water and stop being evil. karma's gonna make you single forever if you don't watch it."

"love you yerin," mina murmured saccharinely from under her blankets.