chapter 10 - Brian Wilson

Chapter 10

~Tom’s POV~

“Ryan, its me Tom. Lauren is already with me. We’ll be there in a bit.” I hang up the phone and went inside the car.

I glanced at Lauren and saw a strange look on her face. It’s like she wanted to say something but she just won’t speak.

“Lauren, what is bothering you?”

“Do you happen to know anyone named Brian Wilson?”

I stopped the car and paused for a moment before I started to move the car again. Could it be that Brian was Lauren’s Brother?

“Apparently yes I do. He was a friend of mine back then. We both went to the same academy. Why?”

“Nothing.” She took time to answer. I know she’s her brother but she just won’t spill it.

“I see.” I really don’t want to talk about his Brian right now. It’s not like I dislike her brother. Brian is my friend but as time pass, he started to change. He grew treating me like a rival more than a friend.

We got home and speaking of Brian, He was there waiting for us. It’s like he was planning on something. Lauren was surprised to see Brian.

~Brian’s POV~

“Welcome Tom, I was expecting you with Lauren again.” I welcomed them sarcastically.

They were both surprised and frozen by my words. I gave them a smirk and opened the door behind me.

“Lauren, I need to talk to you. And as for you Tom you can wait here if you want.” 

I brought Lauren to an unoccupied room and locked the door.

“Tell me brother, Isn’t Tom your friend? Why don’t you want me to see him?” she asked with a serious look on her face.

I let out a light laugh. “We were. But that ended when he started to get everything I want!” I grinned.

“I don’t understand you.”

“We went to the same academy, we were friends. We always have a friendly competition on everything. It was nothing serious until I realized he was always ranked first. Why didn’t I even win? I was always placed second best. He got everything. The talent, the career and now he want my sister? He has gone too far!”

“That’s so childish! Can’t you just be happy for his achievements? And move on? He’s worked hard for it! Come on! You’re like Tom’s good friend back then!”

“I ended that friendship! He’s not taking any member of my family! As long as you’re using my father’s name, I’m not giving you to him. So I will ask you again Lauren, will it be us-your family? Or Tom?”