❀ ; HIS SIDE

[JIMIN'S SIDE]

———

i would always see her cry. she always does. she would always hide behind those big trees then cry on her knees. i would pretend that i don't see her, but some days i couldn't help it. 

"pretty girls like you shouldn't cry." i said, as i leaned on a tree. "im not crying. my eyes simply needs to wash out dirt, or else how am i going to see clearly?" she turned to me then smiled. her eyes were red and puffy from crying, but she still urged herself to smile. 

"kim eunha." she said as she reached out her hand, "park jimin." i said as i shaked her hand. "nice to meet you." i smiled, "you too." 

after that day, i would always call her to sit beside me during launch. she would always be there to accompany me. i actually liked having a real friend for once. 

"pabo-yah!" she scolded, "simple algebra and you got a low score?!" she added. "mianhe. i couldn't focus in class." i apologized, "and why is that?" 

"because your pretty face is too distracting." 

slowly and steadily, i was falling for her. hard. as if it was a lucky struck of serendipity. 

"where are we going?" she asked, as she continued to follow me. "to the newly opened amusement park!" i replied cheerfully. "you'll probably just try to make me to ride the rollercoaster!" she said as she pouted, "and so? you're prince charming is here anyways."  after i said that she pretended to look around, "where? i can't see him."  i  frowned, "yah! he's right in front of you." she laughed, "all i see is a cute mochi." she said as she pinched my cheeks.

and that same day at the amusement park, she became mine. and i was more than happy to call her mine. i was the luckiest. 

"jiminie, do you really have to go?" she said as she buried her face on my chest while crying, "i don't want to but i need to, eunha." i said as i wrapped my arms around her, "please be strong for me, jagi." i paused for a while, "after i finish my course, i will come back. it's a promise." she slowly lift her head, "promise?" i smiled at her, "promise." 

i was going to be away from her for two years. it wasn't going to be easy, but i know that we'll make it. 

"all flights for america are now departing." the speaker announced. i looked at her, and she looked like what she looked like the first time i saw her. her eyes was red and puffy from crying  yet still she gave me a smile and a nod. "ill miss you." she said. "and i love you." she added, then kissed me. "i love you more." 

time flew by quickly, it was already a year since i've been gone. we would constantly facetime, text & call each other. we never lost contact. 

"you dyed your hair again?" i asked. i noticed that it was the third time she dyed it, "i did." she said, as she bowed her head. "im sorry." i immediately frowned, "yah! don't be sorry, it's fine. but it really unhealthy for your hair, yknow." 

i would notice that she would dye her hair frequently, but i remained silent and didn't question her about it. all that matters is that we get to talk to each other. 

"chim, what would you do if this is our last call?" she asked out of the blue, "well, i would be telling you how much i love you and how much you mean to me. how much you make me so, so happy and contented with what i have. all that matters is you." i replied. she bowed her head, but quickly looked at me through the screen and smiled, "oppa, i need to go, i think mom's calling me downstairs." "alright, jagi. take care, i love you!" "i love you so much more. please never forget that." then she closed the call. 

after that, there were no calls. no texts, no anything. i spent a year without her presence and i honestly feel empty. i finished my course, graduated, and it was the time that i go back to korea. i was missing her. 

i bought some smeraldo flowers on the way to give to her. i knocked on their door, and her mom opened it for me. 

"goodmorning, imo-nim! is eunha home?" i greeted. she looked at me with sincerity and teary eyes as if she was pitying me, "haven't you heard?" "im sorry?" "she passed away due to an unsuccessful surgery a year ago." she said as she smiled sadly. "she asked me to give you this." she said, as she went inside quickly then came back with something in her hand, "here. eunha wanted me to give you this. she really loves you, jimin." she handed me the enveloped then smiled, we both talked for a while. she told me everything. i asked her where eunha's burial place was, and she gave me the place. "thank you, imo-nim." i said to her, as i bowed and smiled sadly at her. she bowed as a reply, then closed the door. 

i immediately went to the cemetery she gave and i saw her name on one of the tombs. i dropped to my knees and immediately felt my tear drop. the flowers in my hand also dropped. i pressed my head on the rock and cried. "why must you leave me, jagi?" 

i lifted my head, and wiped my tears. eunha wouldn't want to see me weak. i opened the letter he mom gave me and read it silently, 

'yah! park jimin, stop crying! please smile as you're reading this, i hate seeing you cry. 

i laughed at myself. she knew me too well. 

park jimin, jiminie, my mochi, my oppa, my angel, my world, my everything, mianhe.

im sorry i couldn't give you the happy ending that you deserved. im sorry you're hurting because of me. 

im sorry i couldn't be there to give you a hug to welcome you back. im sorry i couldn't say 'i love you' to you every day. im sorry i needed to leave you. 

but please know that you are not alone in this cruel world, for i will always be in your heart. 

i love you so much more than you realize, park jimin.' 

i smiled as i looked up the clear sky.

kim eunha, you will always and forever be my one and only. 

———

HER SIDE WILL BE PUBLISHED TOMORROW, YOU NEED TO READ IT BECAUSE IT WILL REALLY EXPLAIN SOME THINGS THAT ARENT INCLUDED IN JIMIN'S SIDE

; YOULL NEED MORE TISSUES