❀ ; HER SIDE

[EUNHA/YOUR SIDE]

———

i cried again. i cried over and over again. behind a tree, trying to hide my tears from the world. 

"pretty girls like you shouldn't cry." a guy leaning on a tree said,  "im not crying. my eyes simple needs to wash out dirt, or how am i going to see clearly?" i replied, as i gave him a weak smile. 

"kim eunha." i broke the silence, as i reached out my hand. "park jimin." he gave me smile, then shook my hand. "nice to meet you" i said, "you too." 

after that, he would always invite me to sit with him. we got closer with each passing day, and i stopped crying because of him. someone actually made me happy for once. 

"i already told you! the dress is cute and all, but the price is not so cute." i said to him for the third time, as i walked pass him. "what if i bought the dress behind your back?" he asked, my eyes widened as he said that. "you did not." i said as i turned to look at him, only to find him with a paper bag in his hands. "mianhe, but i really wanted to buy you something." i couldn't say anything, i just hugged him out of the blue. "thank you." 

i knew what i was feeling for him is wrong. i knew that i was only going to hurt him in the end. but whenever i create some space between us, it just always leaves me desperate to see him again. 

"yah! you already made me ride the rollercoaster, now a haunted house?!" i shrieked, while he just laughed. "don't worry, im here." he said as he stopped laughing, "but still!" "you never know, there might be a surprise waiting for you inside." curiosity suddenly took over my fear. i managed to muster all the courage i have and went inside. 

there was a surprise waiting for me inside that haunted house. because that same day, he became mine and i became his. deep down inside, i knew this wasn't going to last forever. for i was slowly and steadily dying. 

"all flights for america are now departing." the speaker announced. i looked at him, this is the boy that gave me the strength to still fight when ive already given up. "ill miss you." i said, "and i love you." i added, then kissed him. a kiss that i know would leave me desperate and longing for more. "i love you more." he replied, as he took his luggage then kissed me on my forehead one last time then left. i watched as his figure went further and further away from me as tears flowed down my eyes. 

i'd take all the chances i have if it means ill get to see him again. 

"you dyed your hair again?" he asked. i didn't dye my hair, it was a wig because my hair started falling a month ago. how i wish i could tell him that easy, but i couldn't. i didn't want to hurt him, "i did." i lied, as i bowed my head. it hurts so much to keep this from him, "im sorry." "yah! don't be sorry, it's fine. but it really unhealthy for your hair, yknow." 

i know he wants to ask so badly why i would die my hair frequently, but he didn't. he just kept silent, because he respected my privacy. 

"tommorow's your surgery, eunha." my mom started, "have you told him yet?" she added, as she sat down the table with her plate. "not yet, im planning on telling him tonight." i lied, as i bit my lip and played with the food on my plate. 

"chim, what would you do if this is our last call?" i asked him, i needed to know how he would feel. "well, i would be telling you how much i love you and how much you mean to me. how much you make me so, so happy and contented with what i have. all that matters is you." he replied, i bowed my head but immediately looked at him through the screen. this was too much. im too weak to tell him. "oppa, i need to go, i think mom's calling me downstairs." i lied,  "alright, jagi. take care, i love you!" "i love you so much more. please never forget that." i needed the call quickly, then cried in front of my screen. 

i laid down the hospital bed as my mom approached me, "the doctor said that there's seventy percent chance you'll forget and sixty percent chance the surgery will go... unsuccessful." my mom said, a little teary eyed. i sent her a sad smile, "if there's still that seventy percent chance I'll get to see jimin again, I'll take that chance." she smiled at me, as she kissed my forehead, "that's my girl." she said, "eomma, if ever i don't leave through this," i started, "kindly give this to him and tell him everything. i couldn't tell him last night, i was too weak. please also tell him that i love him." i said, as tears flowed down my face. she nodded, and as if on cue, the surgeons and nurses came. they smiled at the both of us, then mom left. but before she left, she smiled at me with tears in her eyes then nodded at me. i nodded back at her. there was something in me that knows this will be my last breath. 

before i closed my eyes, memories of jimin and i flashed to me. i smiled sadly, slowly closing my eyes. 

in another life, park jimin. we will be together again. 

———