o n l y g i r l

"Come on, we've talked about this. At least try and socialize!"

Coreen shook her head and popped a blue M&M into her mouth. Headmistress Monette glared at her, "and no, attending classes doesn't count."

The blonde middle-aged woman sat again behind her mahogany desk, "why won't you try to make friends?"

"Because they all despise me Mylene."

The Headmistress exhaled in desperation,"will you at least audition for the winter showcase?"

Coreen tugged at her plaid skirt," well yeah...I hope I get an interesting part."

"And why not the starring role?"

Coreen bit her lip, " because, umm... I-I think someone else would be more appropriate for the role. I don't, I don't think I could do it."

Headmistress Mylene's cheeks turned red in fury and she slammed her hands into the dark surface of her desk. "COLETTE ELISE VERLAINE, LISTEN TO ME."

Coreen grew pale and muttered under her breath, " please don't call me that."

The blonde shrugged her off and continued, " YOU ARE THE BEST DANCER IN THE ENTIRE SCHOOL. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WHO COULD PLAY GISELLE AS WELL AS YOU!"

Coreen murmured an ok but kept her opinion on the topic to herself. In her eyes, she would probably ruin the show by appearing as Giselle. 

"I still don't get why you insist on going by a name that's not yours, Colette," Mylene stated tiredly as she tidied up her black suit jacket.

Headmistress Mylene Monette was a woman well into her 40s and was a retired ballet dancer. She'd been promoted to headmistress 8 years ago and she thoroughly enjoyed her job. She was also Colette Verlaine's legal guardian. Which was a fact Colette liked to ignore. 

Coreen looked at her feet and bit the inside of her cheek, "I don't want people to know me, after all, I won't be seeing them ever again after June. "

Mylene rolled her eyes at her guard, she couldn't believe her stubbornness on the matter. She sighed, "Just go, and get me a cupcake while you're at it," waving off the ginger, " oh, and get some sleep. It's already late. "

Colette knelt for her bag and left the lavishly decorated office of Sertello's headmistress. She left a vanilla frosted cupcake outside the door and walked out of the administration building.

The ginger stared in the direction of the dorms and headed the opposite way. She had no intentions of going to sleep yet

Colette stood on the descending steps of the open air auditorium as she tied her black pointe shoes. She was dressed in Sertello's practice gear, a white leotard with matching tights and a beige crop top sweatshirt with Sertello's swirly logo stitched in golden thread.

Colette stretched and pulled her headphones on. Music blared from the headphones and Colette entered the trance-like state she liked to call the music void.