Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Rose groggily rose up from her bed.

'Ugh. Mum better be home. If she isn't, then I'll go to Mickey's as usual.' She thought. 'That was a nice dream I had.' She smiled and blushed. She opened her bedroom door. "Okay. I guess that was real.." She muttered to herself. She wondered around the corridors and found the kitchen. Food was already on the table, hot and ready. "Hello? Anyone here?"

"Ah! Rose!" She jumped and whirled around.

'What was his name? It started with a D. Donald? No. David? No. Oh! Doctor! That's an odd name...'

"Hello, Doctor." She smiled a little.

"How was your sleep?" He asked while he made his cup of tea.

"It was fine. My bedroom looks like my old one except it's bigger and the bed's much more comfortable."

"Well, the TARDIS tries all she can to make us happy." He gestured to the food.

"Go on. Eat! She made the whole thing since I'm rubbish at cooking and you..." His voice trailed off.

"It was fine." She mumbled. She sat and ate her breakfast. They sat in silence for a while.

"How exactly did I end up with you?" She asked. The Doctor took a deep breath. "Get ready for a long story, Rose." "It all began in the basement of Hendrick's. It was...ooh, so long ago..." He continued the story from the day they met to the present. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't there in time to save you. If I arrived before you did, we would've been safe and sound in the Time Vortex." Tears welled up in her eyes.

"We must've had fun together over the past year and a half."

"Yeah. We did." He chuckled a little.

"Were we together?"

"Huh?" He had a puzzled look on his face. "What do you mean?"

"You know...ummm..how should I put this?" She thought for a moment. "I mean like, were we 'together, together'?" His eyes widened and he blurted out, "No! No! No! We're not. At least I think we're not. I don't know. Why? What makes you think that?"

"It's just 'cause we act like it." He raised his eyebrows.

"We do?"

"Yeah. I feel like we just don't notice it." They were silent for a moment.

"Fancy a tour around the TARDIS?" She jumped at the sudden question.

"Oh. Yeah sure!" They both got up from their seats and strolled out of the kitchen.