Founders Day Parade

Mia POV

I was sitting at the bench with my Uncle, before I noticed my dad storming after Jeremy. I used my hearing and hissed when I saw him grip Jeremy's arm.

I got up and walked over there. I grabbed my dads hand, releasing Jeremy from his grip. "Leave him alone."

"You don't understand-"

"Damon stop," Uncle Stefan interrupted. I glared at my dad, before taking Jeremy's hand and walking back to the bench.

"You okay?" I checked his arm and Jeremy chuckled.

"Babe I'm fine. He was just telling me to lay off Elena." He spat her name out and I gave a sad smile.

"He just doesn't like anyone who doesn't like Elena." I rolled my eyes. When was my dad going to see Elena isn't his business?

Everyone around was dressed like it was back then. I closed my eyes, a memory taking over.

Flashback***

"Uncle Stefan! What can I get?" I peered at the candies in boxes around the stall. Slave workers were moving boxes and setting up booths for the festivals.

"What do you have a sweet tooth for?" Uncle picked up, allowing me a better view at the choices. I looked at all of them, before knowing my answer.

"Strawberyy Taffy."

"Then ask the woman," he set me down. I walked over to the box as my Uncle handed me money. I smiled at her, taking in the view of her beautiful dress.

Everyone around was dressed their best for the festival. I smiled at the woman, "Two strawberry taffy please."

Present Day***

"Babe." I felt myself snap back out of my flashback and blinked. I looked at him and could see him and my family with worried faces.

"You okay?"

"Yeah just had a human memory. I'm sorry I spaced out." Dad gave me a look that screamed 'I'm sorry' but I gave him one that said we would talk later.

I smirked at my uncle. "Hey Uncle, can we get some strawberry taffy?"

He smirked, "You always caved in when we bribed with taffy. Want me to check around for some?"