Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Maui's POV

Four days later... 

   Moana and I just arrived in Te Fiti and she's beyond eager to crack the code of what her surprises are. I still haven't budged in the slightest, irritating her quite a bit. I know she'll be happy with me once she finally finds out what her surprises are. Surprises are supposed to be just that, surprises. What's the fun of spoiling them, especially when they're life changing ones? Te Fiti wakes up immediately and winks at me. I grin and wink back. "Moana, Te Fiti wants to visit with you for a few minutes." She lights up at the mention of Te Fiti and takes off running to her while I take a deep breath, gather some supplies, find the ring that I bought while we were in San Francisco and kept safely hidden since, and practice my proposal to her. When all of this is done, I catch up to Moana and join her side in the palm of Te Fiti's hand. Te Fiti smiles at me and motions for me to do my thing. I take one more deep breath and turn my attention onto Mo.

  "Mo, there's something I've been wanting to ask for you awhile now but had to wait because I didn't want to rush our relationship, but after knowing each other for quite awhile now, I figured now's a good time to ask." I get down on one knee and pull out the ring I bought her. She puts a hand over her mouth. "Moana, I'm so madly in love with you. You turned a villain into a hero, which is something few people in this world can achieve. All of the darkness in my heart is gone because of you. You made me feel love again. You're the light of my life. You make cloudy skies turn blue. You calm the storm surge in the ocean. You complete me. I'd be honored if you would accept the role of being my wife." She nods her head with tears in her eyes, throwing herself into my arms. I chuckle and scoop her up. "I take that a yes!" She giggles. "You would be correct. I will marry you Maui." I grin from ear to ear, plant a gentle kiss on her lips, and put her back down. "There's one more surprise Mo, though it's from Te Fiti so you need to give her your attention now." 

   Mo nods and turns her attention to Te Fiti, who is a bit teary eyed from my proposal to Mo. I don't blame her. I have tears in my eyes myself. Te Fiti raises her free hand, does some of trick with it, and then places her hand onto Mo's arms, holding it with a bit of force. A surge of magical energy surges through her body and enhances it slightly. She then pulls her hand away a few minutes later and grins at Mo, motioning for her to look at her body. I do the same and gasp when I see tattoos beginning to form on her arms and legs. "Mo, you're a demigoddess..." Moana squeals. "What? No way!" She glances at her arms and legs and gets even more excited. "Oh my goodness, you're right Maui. I'm a demigoddess!" I grin at Te Fiti. "Te Fiti, this is so kind of you. I'm also glad you chose her to become the next demigoddess. Moana deserves it so much." Te Fiti nods in agreement.  I bury my face in the crook of Moana's neck. "You're now immortal too. The chances of me ever loosing you are slim to none. I'm so happy baby." 

   Moana hugs me tightly. "I'm so happy too. I'm engaged to the most amazing man, immortal, and a demigoddess." She looks at Te Fiti curiously. "What exactly am I the demigoddess of Te Fiti?" She smirks and motions to Maui, leaving me to fill in the blanks. "I'm the demigoddess of the wind and sea." Te Fiti grins at Mo and nods, confirming that Moana has similar powers to mine, minus the shape shifting. Though Te Fiti gives her a magical oar that resembles my hook but can be used to control the ocean. I crack a grin. "You're like the female Poseidon Mo." She giggles adorably. "I should have pitchfork then. If I did, I could use it to storm into different villages if I were angry." Te Fiti shakes her head at Mo in a playful way. We stay a little while longer with Te Fiti before getting back on the boat and embarking on the journey back to my island, though this time, we're doing it as an engaged couple. I can't wait to officially marry Moana. She truly is the love of my life. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! By the way, I posted a new cover on my Youtube channel. It's attached below if you want to check it out. :) -Mary