the clock strikes 12

namjoon held you the whole way. he was sweet. he held your hands when you reached the subway. some critters scattered and newspapers floated aimlessly. a few people here and there, but it was silent, besides the every-so-often gust of wind or scurrying of a rat.
*(ME LMAO oksorrybye)
he turned to you and gulped.
"will you be okay?" he sighed, looking around for any potential threats.

"please, i'll be fine. i hope you didn't get too attached.. i've only known you about an hour and a half." you smiled at him widely so your eyes closed completely.

he squeezed your shoulder. "i know, you're strong." he had to raise his voice over the passing metro, squinting to protect his eyes from the heavy air it pushed out at you. "and uh- goodbye, y/n. be safe, a-and.. uh.." he seemed to be struggling with his words, not sure of what to say.

you nodded at him and backed over to the edge of the system. you watched his tall body run back up the stairs, his long scarf trailing behind, with his hands in his pockets.

you turned back around to see someone else on the other side of the tracks. ethereal. perfection. he was awfully handsome. he had dark hair, opposite to namjoon's. he had an adorable nose, and was wearing a black trench coat that framed this body perfectly.

as a metro arrived in front of you, you climbed on, the conductors' voice coming over the loud speaker, informing the empty cars of the stop. a quick gust of air sent your hair flying in your face, and you turned to see a distraught namjoon holding his phone up and yelling your name as the doors shut. your eyes widened and followed his distraught face as the car zoomed away. he was trying to get your phone number... you completely forgot. he was right... never to see each other again.

a deep voice drifted through the chilled air.

turning you around, you noticed the cute guy, with the adorable nose and hair, as black as a snowman's eyes, sitting in the last seat in the car. he was singing.

you smiled and rested your head against a metal support beam, his singing was beautiful. it was heavenly. it made your heart feel the need to just completely and entirely explode. he was singing michael bublé, in english even, and still sounded extraordinary. he must speak english, or just practice a lot...

his face was tinted red from the cold and he had earbuds in and his eyes shut. he was totally oblivious to his actions. he leaned his head against the frosted window, tapping his foot, rhythmically, like his own personal metronome.

then, something amazing happened. something that is so amazingly insane that your december 20th, specifically at 12:04am, was completely made. the worries of december 19th were gone. it was a completely new day.

specifically, it was a new dawn. it was a new day. it's was a new life; and yes—
you're feeling good.