can i kiss you now?

he carefully fluttered his fingers over the photos, sliding the SIM card into his palm and holding each picture so gently, as to not damage them. "this morning," he continued.

"this morning you were right where i always wanted you."

you felt your eyes cloud against tears and you bit your lip softly to combat the pain ringing in your heart.

"you were drunk, you probably don't remember anything." he pulls his phone from his pocket, pressing the power button to give you a small glimpse of his lockscreen, the rather close-up photo of yourself, your face coated in green exfoliating beads and raindrops. "this, um.." he smiled at the picture as he turned it back to himself.

you remembered every last detail.

"anyway;" he let out a heavy sigh and brought his voice up to a louder-than-normal volume. turning back and grabbing a worn brown leather wallet that he had told you he had tossed, including the miniature kiiroitori keychain which was also still intact and secured to the wallet."these are yours," he tossed on a pained smile, keeping a heavy distance between you two as he stretched out an arm with everything you had wanted back from him.

this was it, take your shit and run, right?

this was what you wanted from him.

"i remember everything." you confessed, the words hid under shame, eyes unwavering against jungkook's soft yet strong hands that offered out what was, in fact, rightfully yours.

his face froze and eyes blinked inconsistently. he stuttered for a second before closing his mouth in frustration. "on the doorstep.." you began, just watching his eyes stay low on his own hands, his thumb tracing over the picture of you and your dog. "the doorstep." he repeated, a slight smirk featuring his finest shy toothy smile slid across his face before faltering down with an uneasy sigh. "why did you let me do that?" you rubbed your forehead with your palm. his eyes sunk with incredible despair.

"do what?" he pushed the items he held forward again, but you just closed your eyes to recollect memories. "im sorry." you frowned sympathetically. "i must've ruined your vision, i showed up all crackhead-like and.." he started laughing, his shoulders bouncing slightly and his cheeks puffed with each giggle. "crackhead?" he smiled.

"y/n. you are beautiful." your smile fell as the words' secret seriousness hit you like a ton of bricks.

"i wish i could start everyday like today. i won't lie. i want to see you again, y/n. and again. and again. stealing someone's things isn't super romantic, and probably isn't a great way to ask a girl out... you're also not supposed to sleep over on the first date. we kinda broke that too." he chuckled to himself, his ears a vibrant shade of red, using his free hand to feel one as he spoke. "im sorry im so bad at this." he pushed forward his hand of your unpriceble junk.

"jungkook."

"yeah?" he ran his hand from the shell of his ear down and off, brushing against his neck before falling to his side.

"can... i... take you somewhere? i want you to meet some people i've gotten to know these past weeks." you ran your thumb over the fluffy tuft of hair that sprouted on the top of your keychain's head.

"okay." his eyes slid across your face just as they did when you sat on his doorstep. "y/n?" he asked, making your eyebrows rise up to look up at him again. "can i kiss you now?"

"oh!" your voice squeaks out at an unusual pitch. you opened it to speak again, but not before jungkook quickly moved forward, placing his hands on your cheeks. you both stared in silence, both too nervous to do anything. "okey" you managed to squish out of your mouth, waiting for him to lean in. he started nibbling on his bottom lip nervously and you could feel his fingers shake slightly against your face. "hello?" you whispered out, trying to get his attention. he leaned in slightly, but not before pulling back abruptly when you puckered out your lips. "oh my god-" you mumbled out. he breathed out deeply, making the air hit your face, making you blink a few times.

"KISS ME!!" you yelled at him as a car parked in the street's alarm went off, flashing it's light's rapidly as you grabbed the back of his head and pulled it to yours, smushing your lips onto his. he laughed into the kiss as he slid his hands around to cradle your head.

the stress, anger and worry the past few weeks had drowned you in easily melted away against jungkook's body.

"thank you,"
you spoke quietly against his pink lips.
"thank you for stealing my wallet."