Chapter 1

Chapter 1- I've been really wanting to surprise Shawn for his birthday in a couple days, but he's still touring, and won't be able to make it home in Canada. So I suppose that I'll just have to come up with a way to surprise him on the tour.

I went to my room and checked the tour dates. There's a show in Milwaukee on August 9, the day after his Sweet 16, so that'll work.

Here's my plan: I won't call or text him at all on his birthday, which he'll expect me to. I predict that he'll be down in the dumps the next day, but right before he goes on stage, I'll surprise him, although I'm not quite sure what with yet, in hopes that it'll be his best show yet.

I know this sounds somewhat conceited of me, but that boy has told me countless times how much he loves me, so I hope this will mean a lot to him.

Wait.. I hope I won't have basketball that weekend (even though the season hasn't started, we have work out sessions, open gyms, and a summer league). I'm the starting point guard, so that'd be a tough situation to get out of. I opened up the calendar on my phone with my fingers crossed. DANG IT. We had a tournament that weekend in New York; no way Coach was going to let miss it.

Well, that completely ruined my day.. I decided to shoot her an email, because you never know.

The email said-
Coach,
As you know, I am very dedicated to the team and everything we do. I'm aware that we have a tournament in New York next weekend. Next weekend also happens to be Shawn's birthday weekend. You remember Shawn right? Mendes? Well, he's turning 16 and I haven't seen him in 3 months, and well, I was planning to surprise him on the 9th right before his show. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to skip Day 1 of the tournament and fly to New York for Day 2. I hope you put into consideration how much this'll mean to myself, and more importantly, Shawn.
Thanks,
Avery

Coach loves Shawn, so I made sure to repeat his name quite a bit throughout the email.

I really hope what I said sticks to her, because if she says no, then all my plans go out the window. Nevertheless, I'll plan for the best. I took out my notebook and started brainstorming.