Chapter 3

After many hours of planning and skipping breakfast and lunch, I finally came up with my million dollar plan.

I was going to persuade the tech crew to put a video of me saying "Happy Birthday, Shawn. I love you!" on the screen (where people in the back look at because they can't actually see him) right before he opens the show. Then I'll walk up behind him and give him a big hug and kiss him good luck.

It was fool proof! Except it might be try icky convincing the tech crew to do that. I got it! I'll just call Austin and ask him to ask the crew. Surely they wouldn't say no to Austin Mahone.

Shawn gave me his number before he went on tour, so I called him up. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" Austin asked.

"Austin, it's me, Avery, Shawn's girlfriend," I replied.

"Hey Avery!" he said, his tone automatically happier. "What can I do for you?"

I filled him in on the details and asked him to talk to the tech crew.

"Anything for Shawn's special lady!" I could sense him smiling through the other end.

"Thanks Austin! You're the best!"

I hung up and screamed. A happy scream of course. I heard Aiden's footsteps thumping down the hall. It was just is two home; our parents always are working.

"Are you ok?" he asked, wheezing. Aiden has asthma.

"I'm perfect!" I said pulling him into a hug. He tried to push me away, but I'm way stronger and held onto him. He's 12 and I'm 15.

"Let- go- of me," he struggled to get out of my grasp.
I finally let him go and started dancing around. Aiden looked at me weird, muttered something under his breath, and left my room.

Everything was going my way for once! Nothing could ruin my day now. I changed into my Kevin Durant jersey, signed by the man himself, grabbed my basketball, and headed to the gym.