03│Guilt

Alisha locked the door of her room before answering the video call

   Alisha locked the door of her room before answering the video call. A smile formed on her lips as she saw his smiling face appear on her phone's screen.

"Hey" he said waving at her.

"Heya" she replied smiling softly.

"How was the flight?" he asked adjusting his phone.

"It was exhausting" she said as she walked back towards the bed and laid down.

"I can see that very well!" he guffawed making Alisha laugh as well.

"You can't blame me!" she exclaimed "I have barely got any sleep since I came home"

"Why?"

"Well, all of us are here at my Nana's place"

"He must have missed you a lot" he said smiling softly at her.

"Something like that. Anyways, how was your day?" she asked.

"Well, it was extremely hectic but now that I am talking to you, I can feel a wave of energy rush through me" he replied cheekily.

"Are you flirting with me?" she teased.

"I am just stating facts baby" he winked at her.

Alisha couldn't help but laugh. This is what she loved about him. He always knew how to make her smile and put her at ease. Talking to him alone was enough to make her bad day a happy one.

"How is everyone at home?" he asked, his voice interrupting her thoughts.

"Everyone is well. Also, I think we are staying over at Nanu's place for few days"

"Is it because of Yash's wedding?" he inquired.

Alisha nodded.

"It must feel good to be back with family even if its only been few hours, eh?"

"Yeah, it kinda feels warm to be back with my entire family but it's due to Elena that I am feeling so" she said with a soft smile as she remembered all the things Elena did for her today.

"Elena? That must be a first" he said amused.

Alisha snorted "You have some way with words" she remarked.

"Is that compliment?" he asked arching his brows.

"Are you looking for one?" she asked smirking.

"I can't win against you, can I?" he said shaking his head "But I am glad Elena is getting along with you"

"She isn't just getting along. She is..." she trailed trying to find the right words "you know like a complete different person. For instance, she offered me new clothes since I hadn't unpacked my bag and she stepped inside my room! She has never done that before" Alisha exclaimed.