Chapter 3.5 (extra): A Selfish Request

• 🇧​🇴​🇳​🇺​🇸 ​ 🇨​🇭​🇦​🇵​🇹​🇪​🇷​•____________• —Levi's POV— •____________

🇧​🇴​🇳​🇺​🇸 ​ 🇨​🇭​🇦​🇵​🇹​🇪​🇷​

____________
• —Levi's POV— •
____________

It has always been frustrating.

People has always something to say.

Whatever you do, whatever you say, you can never pacify such people because all they know is the exterior.
They will judge you only from what they see or how they want to see and that is how it will ever be for everyone who is outside this little iron box I call life.

Osteell castle is a huge and vast fortress with thick walls and iron bearings. It has eight Households under House Morlock's protection. That means eight families that lives with us. And in a place like this, walls have eyes and ears. Everything you do has a comment. Everything you say has a consequence.

But what irks me the most is when they do it to the people I care about.
They all believe my stepfather is inconsiderate to me and to my brother. They say I'm unlucky.
Oh and they never forget a day to remind me that.
They think that all Lord Hansem ever care about is the Osteell and that we, his children, are part of the service that must abide in its rules. No body see how kind he really is. No body even considered that what he does for me and for my brother is for our own sake and not for anything else. I want to tell them off but Hansem told me to tolerate it. And for that I close my eyes to such things and tried my best to never express my real emotions out of my face and focus my energy to what I can manipulate instead.

When Syreon's health deteriorated and he eventually lost his capability to walk, I saw how Hansem cried for his son. He didn't have the heart to push Syreon on to become the next Castellan as it would cost so much that Syreon's condition might worsen.

Leading the great and proud nation of Osteell means you will be dealing with lots of hard people as well as hard decisions. The tons of work that needs to be done never ceased as Osteell keeps growing and growing every year. It's a dynamic land of progress that never sleeps; innovations and business keeps running. And for that, it's a land of opportunity that you must cope up with if you don't want to be left behind. What more if you're the one who runs it?
Hansem knew that if he is to pend the successor title, more complications will brew. Greed will assure conflict and politics will assume dispute. He looked at me and told me that it has to be me and from there forth I was given a strict upbringing.

I never wanted it. But I cannot blame Hansem.
After all, being introduced in this great House means everything to me. It's an honor as it is a responsibility that I must bare.

But why can't anybody see that? Why can't anybody see how kind my parents are for giving me this opportunity? And how lucky I am.
They are labelled as harsh for pushing it on me when I see it as a form of consideration— no, solicitude and acceptance rather, especially to me who is not blood related. A title that assumes power over a land from which I was not even supposed to touch. He was entrusted by the High King to rule over this nation and yet he openly gives such position to me despite being an adopted son.
Lord Hansem is the kindest and greatest father worthy of respect, for me.