Chapter Three [Edited]

"Yes, I am going to be. " Mr. Yi replied.

I looked at him with wide eyes. He smiled showing his dimples while placing his finger on his lips.

"Yay! Thank you, mommy. It the best birthday ever!" Pearl said with excitement in her voice, which made me feel bad if I told her that it's not true.

What does Mr. Yi mean by he's going to be? Does that mean he wants to marry me? I thought with wide eyes before Mr. Yi slightly touched my arm with his free hand. This brought me back from my thoughts. Shit those thoughts, he just wants makes Pearl happy.

"What are you thinking about Ms. Xu?" Mr. Yi asked

"Oh, nothing." I shrugged at the thought of Mr. Yi liking me "By the way, where are we going" I asked as I was looking back at Pearl, who looked really excited

"It's a secret," he said, not looking at me. "You will know when we are there."

"Pearl baby, are you excited?" I asked her, as she immediately turned her attention to me.

"Yes mommy but when are you and daddy going to get married? " she asked like it was something natural.

"Ehmm, sweetie it's... uhm... compli-"

"Soon, Pearl. Soon. I promise you" he interrupted.

"Why are you saying that Mr. Yi" I whispered, not knowing what to do.

"Don't call me Mr. Yi. Call me Qian Xi. We are not in the office Ms. Xu." He said, showing his dimples.

'Oh my god, those dimples are going to kill me.' I thought "They should be illegal."

"What Ms. Xu? What should be illegal?" He asked.

Shit, he heard me?

"Oh, those people who don't let the elders cross first." I made up a lie.

"Yeah, I agree." He said, "we are here"

"What? You brought us to an amusement park!!" I yelled wide-eyes, that my eyes were soon going to pop out.

"Welcome to 北京游乐园," he said while spreading out his arms to show us the big amusement park right behind us. "Let's go"

We were walking around the amusement park while trying to find a restaurant for us to eat before we begin trying the rides. It was hard to find a restaurant, but after a few minutes, we finally found a restaurant and settled down to eat.

We eventually ordered some steamed bun, soy milk, and fried dough (油条/youtiao). A typical breakfast.

"Pearl baby, what do you want to try when we are done eating?" I asked her when we all settled down and began eating our late breakfast.

"I want to try all of them. Can I Mommy?" She said with excitement in her voice before begging me for permission to do it.

"Of course you can sweetie, but then you have to behave and eat your breakfast. Then Qian Xi and I will bring you to try all of these rides. How does that sound?" I was actually pretty scared and excited too since it's been a long time, I last visited an amusement park, but to be honest, I'm scared of those big rides. I have been scared of them and haunted houses since I was little. So honestly, I don't know how I will react if they wanted me to go with them. But I cannot turn Pearl down either, so I'm pretty much stuck in between the position of going or not. What should I do?

"Mr. Yi... I mean Qian Xi, would you please come with me for a second. Pearl baby, mom is coming back in a minute, just behave and eat your food, ok?" I said as I ruffled her hair after giving her a kiss on top of her hair.

After we walked a couple of meters away from Pearl, I began telling him about my situation after he kept nagging me for forgetting to call him Qian Xi and not Mr. Yi. "Fine, I go up with her on these big rides, but then you are the one who's buying sweets for us while we are up there, deal?" "Deal" I answered before I told him to call me LingLing instead of Ms. Xu. It sounds too formal and it makes me feel like I'm still in the office.

"Let's hurry up and eat breakfast. I bet it's already cold now," he nagged at me all the way back to our table saying that I have been talking too much when it actually was him who talked the most.

After eating and talking, we were... I mean... they were ready for the rides, while I began to think of what to buy for them while they are up in those rides and are having fun.

"Oh there's..."