Chapter Thirteen [Edited]

As I leaned my body forward, I looked deep into her eyes and took away the remaining rice on the side of her lips.

Just as my hand brushed against her soft lips, I felt my heartbeat rapidly. It was like a familiar feeling yet an unfamiliar one.

"Here it's gone," I said quickly before looking away again as I began to feel my heartbeat fasten rapidly and loud.

"Thank you" She shyly replied to me and when I secretly took a glance at her, I could see that she was blushing madly.

I miss having her in my arms. Like the way, we used to be.

I have to admit that having her in my arms as a friend, feels different compared to having her in my arms like a lover.

To be honest, I just miss being with her for a whole day because it's been so rare for us to be together for more than 18 hours nowadays.

I have been busy with the company and she had been busy with being my secretary. But the love between a boss and a secretary is not forbidden, right?

If we were together as boss and secretary, then hopefully she won't be jealous of me being with other females or female co-workers as they all can't be compared to her. Chessy, I know. In that way, I get to see my girl more often than I do now.

I just can't seem to get enough of her. She is my drug and I'm the addict. She is the sugar for my tea. She is the sun in my world.

You know the rest... I'm not continuing.

"Hey! Why are you not responding to me?"

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"You have been mentally absent since I thanked you. What are you thinking about Qian?"

Qian... that name. It was my old nickname from her.

Oh gosh! Can somebody just... argh!

"Hello? Earth to Qian Xi?" Her tiny hand was wavering in front of my face.

Somebody, please help me. I need to see a doctor, not literally, but you know what I mean.

"Oh sorry, I was just swirling in my thoughts. My bad, I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

"It's fine but I'm getting worried, as you have been doing this for some time now. Are you sure that you are fine?"

"I promise you. I'm fine."

After my last comment, she went all quiet and continued with whatever she was doing before until it got so late that we were getting ready to sleep.

We placed down the articles that we used and parted away.

"I will just leave you for tonight. Goodnight Liling"

I kissed her on her forehead and was about to turn my back the other way before she stopped me by pulling my arm. This action led to me to stop my steps and turned around to face her.

"Don't leave for tonight. Please..."

"I won't leave. Never." I whispered the last part quietly while hugging her in my arms.

It was getting late and we decided to go to sleep. I went to her spare room and she went to her room.

A/N

We are sorry for all those readers who have been waiting for our update. We have been busy lately and unfortunately, we have also been having writer's block. Once again we are sorry for you all.

Sincerely, Pastellovers <3