Chapter Three: Lovers' Dream

Tianna looked over Aisha waiting for reaction. Aisha sat in silence. She looked at her mother then at the ground. She looked at her mother.

"So dad was a alligator?"

"He was more of a mixture of a man and a gator. A mutant if you will."

Aisha slowly nodded her head in understanding.

"What happened next?"

Tianna smiled. "Well..."

Tianna and Jasmine managed to get to the reunion before anyone left. They found their parents sitting at a table surrounded by cousins, uncles, and aunts having the time of their life.

Their mother caught them staring.

"Where have y'all been!" Their mother shouted.

Bernadette Jones was married to Charles Jones. She was formerly known as Bernadette La Rue, a mulatto creole woman born in New Orleans, Louisiana. She had cream colored skin, toffe colored curly hair, and bright hazel eyes that could lure any man.

Now fifty-three years old, her curly hair now straightened, their mother stood proudly before them.

"Hey babies." She greeted.

" Hey mama." They replied.

" What took y'all so long." She asked with a faint french dialect.

The sisters shared a look.

" Just chillin'."

"Yeah. Just looking around."

Bernadette gave them a skeptical look.

"Mmhmm." Their mother raised an eyebrow.

" Well I'm glad y'all made it safely." She smiled.

" Come on let's go see yo' daddy."

Charles Jones was a southern pastor from the small town of Eatonton, Georgia. He was the loyal husband of the faithful Bernadette Jones.

He had coffee colored skin,

eyes that crinkles, and dark shining irises that could brighten any room. Jasmine and Tianna inherited a dark complexion because of their father. Tianna had got her father's dark hair and his ebony eyes, while Jasmine had mocha brown hair and light brown eyes (compliments of their mother).

They found their father playing a game of Spades with their uncles and cousins on their mother's side.

"Hey daddy!" They shouted in unison.

He looked up from his hand. He gave them a big toothy smile

"Hey babies!"

Tianna and Jasmine shared a smirk. They will always be there little girls in their hearts.

Tianna was the first to her father. She hugged him while squealing and giggling like a toddler.

" I didn't know I was missed this much!" Her father laughed teasingly.

"I just missed you!" With her just getting out of college, and having extra hours at work, Tianna just didn't have the time to see her parents like she used to.

"Well I missed you too baby." He smiled down at her.

"Don't be stingy!" Jasmine exclaimed.

" He's my daddy too!"

Tianna reluctantly let go of her father and let Jasmine have her time with him. As Jasmine bragged on and on to their father about how she got promoted at work and how she gets to travel to foreign countries, Tianna found herself thinking about Ray.