'So-Called-Hatred'

STACEY'S POV

"What?" I asked before taking a sip of my soda.

Diego was starring at me for some odd reason.  I can see it in his facial expression that something was wrong.  And clearly Manu noticed too.

"Bro?" Manu asked before looking at Diego then back at me.  I can tell he had a thousand thoughts running through his head about us. 

"Yea?" he coughed up before taking another bite from his pizza, "I'm good. Just had a brain fart for a moment there."

I kind of liked playing these games with Diego.  I didn't do it every time he was over, just the times he likes to annoy me most.   I liked watching him quiver in his seat as i give him the 'oh i want you to fuck me' look.  Even though it was highly false.

"Okay," Manu said before looking down at me, "When is the next time you're going to hang out with Kensley? Maybe invite her over?"

Kensley was my friend of many years.  Online friend of course until i moved out to L.A.  I've had her over a few times and it's pretty obvious that Manu has a thing for her.  I didn't mind it considering I don't think he would hurt her if they ever were to go out a few times.  But i didn't want him taking one of my only friends here away from me.

"Um. I'm not sure.  I'm going to invite Caleb over tomorrow though," I smiled as I watched Diego starring at me from the corner of my eye.  He was starring directly at me.

"Ugh. Why?" Manu asked already irritated by the thought of Caleb coming over.  Manu and Caleb use to be friends a few years back when Manu was a sophomore. Caleb was a freshman at the time.  Their friendship ended due to Manu finding out that he was bisexual.  It wasn't like Caleb had a thing for him, but it made him uncomfortable.

"Because he's my bestfriend, I love him," I said as i watched Diego's lips puck up from those words. 

DIEGO'S POV

When Stacey said she loved Caleb it made my heart race for some odd reason.  I hated Stacey, absolutely despised her.. at least i think i do.

"He's not your best friend you barely know him," Manu said while looking down at his little sister while i stared at the both of them.

"Known him for a few months. Unlike you i'm not the type to end or refuse to have a friendship with somebody because of their sexuality.  If you didn't notice i'm bi too hunny," I watched as those words escaped Stacey's lips as she got up to put her plate in the sink.

"Yea but you're a girl," Manu said rolling his eyes before taking another gulp of his soda.

"Don't care.  You're sexist and clearly homophobic," Stacey said walking back over to the table.  She stood behind my chair resting her elbows on the back of my seat while looking directly across at Manu.

"I'm not," Manu said in a more serious tone, "when did this turn into a homophobia argument?"

"It didn't," she shot back as she started walking towards the living room.

I turned around watching her sit back onto the couch scrolling through the movies on T.V. She sat with her legs crossed with her phone in her lap as she watched the screen in front of her intently.

"Hey Diego," she called my name making my mind go blank.

—————

STACEY'S POV

I called Diego's name asking him if he would like to stay downstairs and watch a movie with me.  Of course i didn't really care to hang out with him, but it would be quite funny Manu thinking that something was going on without him knowing.  Yea, he'd be highly pissed off, but what for if there was no proof.

"Um.. I don't kn-," Diego started before getting cut off by Manu's harsh words.

"No. He does not want to chill with you.  Last time i recalled you two hate each other.  Let it stay that way," Manu said as Diego stood up from his seat walking towards the living room standing by the steps that led upstairs.

"I do hate him," I said slowly, "but then again i do love to piss you off."

Manu rolled his eyes at me before coming into the living room standing only a few feet away from me watching as i was looking for a good horror movie to watch.  I clicked on 'Wrong Turn 6' knowing that Manu absolutely loved that movie.

"Um you're watching this?" Manu asked as he sat down on the other end of the couch looking straight up at me.

"Yea but you're not welcomed.  Diego is.  Not you.  Go finish playing your game," I said as i rolled my eyes watching the intro to the movie begin.

I watched how Diego came along and sat down on the couch only a foot or two away from me.  He was closer to me than he was to Manu and i knew that would light a fire under him.

"No," Manu said before sitting back onto the couch grabbing a blanket from the table.

This is exactly what i wanted.  Knowing that Manu would stay down here if i put on one of his favorite movies, I knew Diego would stay down here as well.  I knew he could stay if Manu was around. My plan was going along perfectly.

———————

8:09 p.m.

DIEGO'S POV

The Wrong Turn 6 movie already ended so we decided to watch the 7th one.  Manu was already half asleep on the other side of the couch.  I didn't understand how he would be asleep knowing that it is only a little past seven.  I guess he wasn't a movie type of guy.

I look over at Stacey as she rested her head on the back of the couch watching the movie closely.  Her knees were up to her chest and she snuggled with the large blanket that she grabbed from her bedroom only minutes before.  I watched as she covered her eyes from certain parts of the movie cause it was too scary for her.  It made me laugh a bit.

"What?" Stacey asked me as she shot her head up to look up at me.

"Nothing," I said smiling as i retorted my eyes back to the television screen watching a guy's head almost get cut off.

"You sure?" she asked me as she inched her way closer to me only inches away.

"Yea.  This is just been the longest you went without being a cunt," I said knowing that i had to continue to be an asshole or it would seem like i had feelings for her.  No matter what i think I am starting to gain feelings for Stacey.

"You're a twat," she said laughing as she backed up away from me flipping me off.

I rolled by eyes at her reaction before grabbing the end of her blanket pulling it towards me.  Her eyes shot up at me curious of what i was doing. I started to cover myself moving slightly closer to her so i could cover myself up more.

"Yanno there's blankets over there," she said to me as she pointed over to the table on the other end of the couch.

"Nah. Too lazy to get up," I said as i shot a wink in her direction completely forgetting about my asshole stigma.

She looked at me curiously before diverting her attention back towards the screen watching as the inbreds went on a murderous rampage.  I loved watching her.  Her face lit up as the only light in the room was coming from the t.v. only a few feet away from her.  Her eyes were bright and her lips were pursed.  She was glowing. 

How come i've never looked at her like this before today? 

"Whenever you're done starring at me and being a creep, I'd like a soda please," she scoffed making my cheeks turn a bright pink color.

She loved doing this to me.

"No," I said rolling my body around so i wasn't facing her anymore.  I heard her sigh in agony because she didn't feel like getting up.  I heard her mutter under her breath but i couldn't make out what she said.  I felt bad wanting to get up to do her the favor, but i hated her.

—————
not edited !