01

I lifted my head slowly. My cousin, Lydia Martin, gave me a stern look.

"You are not going to Senior Scribe dressed like that."

I furrowed my brows, "Why the hell not?" I looked down at my black Doc Martens, ripped denim jeans, and black, cropped, long sleeve shirt.

Lydia raised a brow, "You really want people to see you like that after summer break? Come on, you don't even look like a Martin."

"That's because I'm a Lancaster," I responded as I crinkled my nose.

"You're cute, cousin, but your mother is my mother's aunt. Both of our mothers are Martins. Boom, so are we. Now, let me pick your outfit out," Lydia smirked as she walked into her walk in closet.

I blew away pieces of my hair that had fallen in front of my face to the back of my head. I twiddled with my thumbs as I waited for what seemed like an eternity. I walked over to Lydia's vinyl player and selected the 'The 1975' vinyl. I placed it onto the disk player and settled the needle down. I closed my eyes and raised the volume. I opened my eyes as I heard Lydia's heels click towards me. I stood up and grabbed the outfit from her hands.

"I'm going to look like.."

"Me," Lydia smiled.

I shook my head as I walked into the restroom and changed into the floral print skirt, pastel pink vest top, and nude heels. The top had a low v neck that showed some cleavage, and the skirt was barely fingertips length. I looked myself up and down before sighing contently. I looked hot. I walked out and let my cousin look me up and down.

"That's way better," Lydia smiled as she took my hands into hers and lifted my arms up.

"I don't understand why I have to get dressed up? It's not like I have anyone to impress," I laughed.

"That's the thing. Us woman are automatically suspected that we dress to impress, but what if we dress up for ourselves? To make ourselves feel good? Think of it like that from now on. Oh, and that boy; he's stupid for not realizing what he had," Lydia spoke.

I lowered my head at the thought of Scott McCall. I've had a crush on him since the 1st grade, but he's never looked at me in the same light. I sighed and looked back up to Lydia.

"I know. I'm not going to worry about that. Drinks?" I asked with a smirk.

Lydia returned the smirk, "That's my cousin. Just wait until we finish your hair and makeup."

I groaned and tilted my head backwards. Lydia rubbed my arms before forcing me onto a seat in front of her vanity. She grabbed her curling iron and split my hair into sections. Lydia began to make my pin straight hair into a beautiful, curly, mess. I smiled as I shook my head, making my hair bounce. The curls were loose, yet shaped my face perfectly.

Lydia smiled, then began on my makeup. She kept it basic. With nude eyeshadow, nude lipstick, winged eyeliner, false lashes and mascara. I smiled once I saw my reflection.