Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry i took so long to update, some family trouble is going on so i dont have access to the internet at home anymore. And i extra sorry that this is only a filler chapter, but the next chapter should be up in a few minutes :) -Clea

Chapter Three

     I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, in different clothes, in a completely different area. Memories from last night came flooding back into my head, both scaring and calming me. I removed the blanket from my lap and looked around the room, light pouring in through the massive windows. I looked at the clock, 10:30 AM.

     I got up and went out the door, I smelt food coming from the kitchen and walked my way toward it. A shirtless Austin stood over the stove, His toned arms preparing pancakes.

     “Morning” I said, yawning. Austin kind of jumped. “Wow, you scared me there” He laughed. But every time he smiled, I did too, damn that boy had a nice smile. What was I thinking? I can’t betray Danny. Never in a million years would I do that, Danny will forever be the only one I will ever love, I swore that the day we married, and the day he died.

     Austin passed me a plate with some pancakes on it, still smiling, dammit. I ate the pancakes without hesitation, I was pretty hungry.

     After we ate, I offered to wash the dishes, “No way dude, when I brought you here I didn’t expect a maid” he said. Before I could say another word he took my plate, rinsed it, and put it in the dishwasher. “It doesn’t take a lot of effort to do that you know, I could have done it anyway” I said, smiling. “Shush” he said.

     “I have to go to the studio in about two hours if you want to come?” he asked.

     “What kind of studio?” I asked, confused in what he meant buy that. “I have a band, we go to the studio to write and record music, for albums and stuff” He said. “Does that mean I have to meet other people?” I asked. Mildly nervous to meet new people. “Yeah just my band and some other people, don’t worry, they’re all really nice” He said. “By what you’re telling me, I don’t see that I have much choice in coming or not” I said, “no not really, you’re coming anyway” He said, a big smile across his face, not his regular one, but a more real one, his facial features completely vivid.

  *  *  *

      “So, how old are you exactly?” Austin asked on the way to the studio, clearly just trying to make small talk so we didn’t have to sit in awkward silence. “My twenty-fifth birthday is in about two weeks, September eighth” I said. “What’s your full name?” He asked again, this one I had no idea how to answer, my last name was technically my maiden name, but I wanted to say Danny’s, Landon, such a nice Last name. I wish it was still mine, so I said it. “Nina Rose Landon” I said after a moment. “You sound unsure” Austin pointed out, kind of smiling. “I’m sure” I replied quickly.

     When we got up to the studio, my heart was racing, I guess Austin noticed because he lightly grasped my arm. When we opened the door, about four or five other men were in the room. “Aye! Austin’s here! Looks like he’s got a new girlfriend too” said the ginger haired one. The rest of them clapped in response, I felt myself blush. “Calm down guys, she’s just a friend” Austin clarified, thank God. “How did you two meet then?” Asked one with tan skin and long hair. Austin and I both looked at each other with wide eyes. “Just through some mutual friends” Austin said, awkwardly smiling and rubbing the back of his head. I only really had two other friends, and I never really talk to them either, not since the accident with Danny, I cut myself off from them, from everybody.

     “Anyway” said the ginger, “Care to introduce us Austin?” “Oh shit. Yeah I forgot. Sorry. Guys this is Nina, Nina this is Alan, Phil, Tino, and Aaron, my band” he said with a smile. “May I ask what your band is called?” I asked. “Of Mice & Men” Replied all of them in unison. I simply nodded in reply.

     After about an hour in the studio, I got used to the guy’s, they were all really nice and cool, I don’t even know why I was so nervous to meet them. “You up for pizza tonight Nina?” Austin asked. “With them?” I asked, pointing to the rest of the guys, Austin nodded. “Yeah sure, sounds like fun” I smiled.