Frenemies: Chapter One

Chapter One: "It seems like I'm not capable of being your best friend."

-------------------------------------

DYLAN

                "WE'RE GOING TO WIN, dude, there's no way Denver will say anything to us after that freaking game. I'm getting bored with them." Jake sighs before drinking his beer. "And Nick? He's a jerk. I'm sure he's still pissed about Missy."

"You've slept with his girlfriend, Jake, how can you be so... Normal, about that?" Cain asks, startled.

"I didn't know they were together, she swears they were broken up. Missy was hot, Nick was my rival, the answer seems pretty obvious to me."

"Are you sure he's the jerk in this whole story?"

"You'll ask that to Coach, okay?"

In my team, I think that Jake and Alec are the most dissipated. Cain is kind of stable, he's a talker but he's not an asshole, I can't exactly say the same about Alec and Jake. Even Ty is more stable than them, and it's not a compliment. To give you a concrete example, Ty dated three girls at the same time and when they discovered the truth, they weren't even angry at him because 'his best friends are Jake Campbell and Alexander Moore' so it was understandable. You see what I mean?

I know Alec since kindergarten, I could easily say he's my best friend if he wasn't so damn stubborn. He fell in love once, he really loved her, until she screwed up. What did she do? She simply ran away because she was scared. You know when you're so involve in something you become scared because you're afraid something bad will happen and you just want to protect yourself? It's exactly why Ellie broke things off with Alec, because she didn't want something bad in her relationship, she wanted to keep a good memory of him and of their couple, but he can't understand that. Since then, he's a real dickhead to her and to other girls.

"Hey, can you please understand that we're here right now, Stevens? You're our quarterback, you should encourage us."

"You're being paranoid, Jake, we always won against Denver, against San Francisco and even against other Montana football team. If you stress, you're not going to play, you're going to be a bad player and we don't need bad players here, we don't need heroes, we need survivors. Are you ready to be one, Jake, or do you really want to talk about Missy's hotness?"

And trust me, that surely shut him up.

Girls are the main problem here, probably because they're too distracting. Jake is another kind of man, he takes whoever he can have, he doesn't even have a type, he just likes girls. Alec is more strict since Elizabeth, he refuses to date blonde girls, only brunettes. Everyone can easily say it's because Ellie is blonde, even Ellie herself, but since Alec and her don't even talk anymore, I don't think she minds.