Frenemies: Chapter Two

Chapter Two: "You deserve to rot in hell, Stevens."

-------------------------------------

DYLAN

            "YOUR SISTER TOLD ME THAT RILEY WILSON'S BACK. Is it true?" My dad asks me.

"Well Chloe should learn to shut her mouth and no, it's not true. We thought it was, but we were wrong. It was someone else."

"Honey, it's okay to be upset, that girl was your best friend before everything happened. We can't forget what she did, she almost---"

"This discussion is useless, mother, because I can assure you she's not back. We thought we saw her yesterday and today, she wasn't in school, yet it's junior year and... We all know how she is – she would never miss one class, why would she start today?"

"Yeah, I think Dylan is right." Chloe forces a smile. "And dad, when I told that, I was kind of hoping you would wait for Dylan to confirm the information but I guess you're too impatient."

"I am indeed because Dylan knows that I don't want her in his life. This girl is a wreck and I don't think she should be near this family ever again."

"She's a good person, dad." Chloe frowns. "I don't know why you hated her that much when she was Dylan's friend. She helped him in many ways."

"Would you mind remind us what was the last thing she did for this family, please?"

She shakes her head, irritated, and leaves the table. "If you'll excuse me, I don't like the smell around here."

"The smell?" My mom repeats.

"Yeah. I guess it's what bullshit smells like."

"Chloe, your language!" My mother yells a little. "You can't talk like that around here, you're fourteen for God's sake!"

"Oh please, mom, we all know how the Stevens talk. Just because you're heroes for this damn city doesn't mean I have to be a part of your little parade, you know why? Because I don't want to."

I repress a smile and watch my sister going upstairs. Her relationship with my dad is complicated, mostly because she never listened to him and made it very clear that she never will. My dad wants me to be a part of his company is a few years but my mother wants my sister to become like her – a housewife. But Chloe? I don't think she'll ever accept orders the way my mom do. My dad controls her, always did and always will.

"I truly hope you understood what I meant a few seconds ago, Dylan, because I'm more than serious. You know what kind of girl she is, you can't afford being her friends anymore."