Hortenseville

Hortenseville, ah, how  picturesque in the morning... Birds chirping on the trees, people waking up and getting ready for the day. The moment Nora saw it, she knew she had to live there. And now, she and her family were on their way to their new house that overlooked the beach of Hortenseville...

                                                                                  ***

There was a new house that had been built and the town was abuzz with talk of who was going to move in. People were looking at the house and were trying to find out what type of people would be living there. It was a small town, after all, and news traveled like wildfire...

                                                                                  ***

Dan was peering out of his window at his new town's station. It didn't look too crowded, but his mother had told them to expect this, as, she said it was only a tiny little town that didn't have all that many residents. Dan was waiting to join his new school, meet new people, and of course, gain new friends from the ranks of these new acquaintances.

                                                                                  ***

Kate,  who was two years younger than her 11 year old brother, was amused by the sight of there being very few people on the platform, all of whom were running to catch the train like their lives depended on it. She always was amused by such "eccentricities" (or so she thought) of people. Oh, this was going to be a delightful summer!!!

                                                                                  ***

Herbert was fervently hoping to find a museum in his new town. Nora, his wife, might joke about him passing on the madness of loving art to the children, but that wouldn't deter him in the least from continuing it. He was a businessman by profession who sold all kinds of articles needed in daily life, thus ( though he didn't like the term ), his shop was a department store. In secret though, he wanted to be the curator of a museum... A dream that hadn't yet shown any signs of coming true...