Chapter three: House Parties and Dancing Bodies

I was surprised to walk in and see Tori nearly ready. I checked the time on my phone. I had only been gone, what? Thirty minutes?

"Oh. Hey." Tori greeted inbetween stroking up her eyelashes with the mascara brush. I almost laughed at how funny she looked with her mouth hanging open in concentration and one of her eyes nearly bulging out.

"Hey, I just needed to run out and pick something up."

She hummed back, acknowledging what I had told her without really acknowledging what I had told her. As soon as she had finished the first eye she turned around to lecture me.

"Listen honey, this party is crucial, we have to arrive at just the right time, which means, whether or not you're still wearing the panda shirt." She chastised me, her eyes raking my body in disapproval, causing a wave of self-consciousness to roll over me like a tidal wave.

"I'm getting ready now, relax!" I grabbed my toiletry bag and hurried into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face, hoping to calm myself down. For some reason my nerves were acting up.

"You go to parties all the time, Macy." I reminded myself.

"Yeah, but not college ones." My negative side nagged me. I took another deep breath and ran through the basics for making myself presentable. I spent atleast twenty minutes trying to perfect my winged eyeliner, and at that point I didn't even bother with eyeshadow. I swept mascara on my eyelashes, succeeding in leaving small black marks above my eyes that I had to scrub off. Once I actually liked my face I knew what was next. The dress. I had hung it up on a hook in the bathroom and now I stood opposite it with my arms crossed. I stared it down as if I was in an old western movie. I finally broke and pulled it off the hanger, then ripped off the clothes I had on, letting them drop to the floor. I tried to tug it over my head but the bottom of the dress immediately got stuck on my boobs. I spent the next two minutes flailing around, bending my arms in ways they probably shouldn't, trying to inch the dress downwards. I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked sarcastically.

"It's the US Navy. We want to know why the fuck you're taking so long." Tori said in her best impression of a tough guy's voice.

"I can't get this darned dress on!" I yelled out, about to just rip it in half. Tori sighed from outside and leaned against the door to call out in a condescending tone

"Did you unzip it first?"

I slapped my face with the palm of my hand and mumbled an angry 'no', pissed at myself for not thinking to do that. I wiggled my upper half out of the dress so I was able to unzip it. This time I stepped into it instead of trying to rip it over my torso. I exhaled in relief when I could slide the metal zipper up the side. I opened the door, almost being knocked into by Tori's tall frame. Apparently she had been leaning against the door.

"Hey! I was-woah. I didn't realize you were hot.." She backed up to get a better look. "Yep, I definitely would have stuck with the bear t-shirt." She teased.

"Haha. Very funny," I replied in a monotone voice, "I'll have you know, that shirt is adorable." I huffed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. But look at you! You have curves! You look like a female! This is great." She said, a little too shocked for my liking.

"Wow. Thanks." I rolled my eyes. I flipped my suitcase to it's side so I could fish out the only pair of heels I had brought; a three inch pair of black stilettos. Tori on the other hand had chosen something in the more six-inch range.

"Oh yeah, I'm having a friend pick us up. He's a cool guy but a player and I already told him if he tried to flirt with you I'd cut his dick off."

I nodded, but now all I could imagine was Tori cutting off this poor guy's genitals. Her phone buzzed on the desk and she unlocked it.