Insist

⚡️What are some of the fandoms you are a part of? ⚡️

Adagio 1

•Emma•

I've always liked the way the notes on the page felt like I had a connection with them. Each note to me felt like there was a purpose to me. These notes whether it was the piano or softly sang, it made music. Every piece had its own melody and every piece had that one part everyone recognized, because it was the main theme.

I stared at the piece I've been working on for weeks. It was a piece I made for a duo along with an accompanist part. This was a piece I hoped to use as my performance for my music theory class. My professor had told the class there were many extra credit opportunities and composing music then performing it was one of them. I hope Sam will agree to performing with me.

Speaking of Sam, he is one of my only guy friends here at West High. He has told me countless of times I could always hang with his friends, but I always declined. Why? I've always been too shy to meet his friends. I'm soft spoken, I'm awkward and school has been much easier when I'm not noticed by others. His friends Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky are his best friends. His closest friends had always been so out there and very outspoken.

A person like me wouldn't be able to fit in with them.

"Hey Emma." I closed my folder where my music was in and and I turned slightly away from my locker to see Sam smiling at me. I looked up slightly to see him fully. "Was that the music piece you've been working on?" I nodded as I took the folder out and closed my locker. We now began walking and I let him lead the way. "Do you plan on performing it in your theory class?"

"I hope to." Students glanced our way whispering things I never heard and it made me wonder what they were saying. No one ever bothered me when Sam wasn't around me. It was like I had been put back into bubble where I don't exist. It only felt like people noticed me would be when Sam walked down the halls with me or if we were in a class together. It was like a being a part of a different world.

"Maybe my friend G can sing it with you." I turned towards Sam with a nervous feeling. Sam knew right from the start I always had the biggest crush on Jack Gilinsky and he would always tease me about it. Sam noticed my look and smiled widely before facing forward. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Also you two are in the same class."

"It's alright. I can sing with you. He doesn't know me at all." He doesn't know I exist and also I was too shy. I'm a chicken and I've been really hard on myself for being self conscious about myself. I couldn't help feeling that way.

"Emma, he'd love to sing with you. You have an amazing voice. I'm surprised you haven't auditioned for chamber choir yet. You'd love it."

"You know it's hard for me," I sighed and Sam gave me a guilty look before nodding. We were now walking out into the student lot and we both made our way to Sam's car. Most days he would give me a ride to and from school. I drove the other days when Sam wanted to hangout with Jack and Jack.

"How about you meet G and Johnson today? I promise to tell them to tone down their craziness. They're really nice people."

"I don't know Sam... I don't think I'm ready to meet them."

"How about if you meet one of them for now? Would it be easier to meet them that way? I can make it happen if it's easier for you to meet one of them now. Em, you promised me you'd meet them and it's already a few weeks into senior year." I could tell how much Sam wanted me to meet his friends. This isn't all of his friends, but some of his closest friends.

"You know it's hard for me. I don't want to se-".

"Relax. G has rehearsal right now anyway. You can meet Johnson with no worries and he's really chill. He has been wanting to meet you for the longest time. Of course it's okay to be shy and nervous Emma. Johnson is so patient and he doesn't judge at all." I give Sam a knowing look from that one time he sent me a Snapchat with both Jacks and him at a party. Let's just say... they weren't in their right minds.

My mind wandered to the thought of meeting Sam's friends. I've always thought of Sam and his friends at the top of the schools popularity chain. Everyone loves them or at least were on good terms with them. I always found it surprising Sam had never left me. I would have thought with everything in my life and being so strange, he'd eventually leave. Turned out Sam seemed like the only person who had been always there no matter what I was going through at home and in school.

"Has he really?" Sam unlocked his door and the both of us opened the door and sat in our seats. We both tossed our bags behind us.

"Yes, he has seen pictures of the two of us on my phone and always asks about you. He wonders when he will ever meet you. I've always told him eventually and he seemed very interested in meeting you. I've only told amazing things about you of course. He has respected your decision these past few years. The least you could do is meet the guy."

"Alright," I answer softly. "Let's go meet blondie Jack." Sam let out a laugh and turned towards me as he pulled out of the parking spot. It wasn't until we reached the end of campus when his laughter died down. I couldn't help but smile sheepishly.

"And you're worried about meeting Jack? You'll fit in just fine," he chuckled and smiled. "Johnson is going to love you. Let me text him right now." I smiled and waited as we approached a light and Sam quickly sent a text before turning onto the main road.

The music played quietly in the background as I leaned my head back and looked out the window. The red, yellow and orange color of leaves were starting to appear on the trees as fall would soon be right around the corner. My eyes wandered to the familiar shops we passed by and the same streets we always passed by.

This was better than going home.

Sam's phone vibrated and he glanced at the screen before sending a quick response.

"Jack says it's alright to hang out his house. His mom is baking cookies. You're cool with that?"

"I guess so," I shrugged. "He said it was okay?"

"Yes, he's very excited to finally meet you in person. In fact I'm pretty sure you two will instantly become friends." I nod unsurely as we made our way in the direction of the Johnsons residence.

///

Welcome to my first story on here! I hope you liked the first update and can't wait to work on future updates (: What do you think of the first chapter?

I'd love to give a special shoutout to Sammyiams because she has been inspiration to this story and So far I have been loving the stories she has been writing on here  💞