Soon As In Tonight

⚡️Who is your favorite fictional character?⚡️

Adagio 3

•Emma•

Jack and I have been so into the game that I hadn't noticed at first how late it was getting. We were finishing our seventeenth round. I had just won this round and I smiled to myself. Now I've won ten rounds and Jack won seven.

"And the winner is... Emma!" Sam announced and I smiled as I put the controller down on the table. Jack did the same and I looked between the two. My drink, several Kit Kats and a few m&m's were gone as time had past by.

"You're too good at this," Jack chuckled and passed me a Hersey bar. I took it and looked at him like he was sort of crazy. "What?"

"We should eat an actual meal," I raised an eyebrow towards him.

"What time is it anyway?" Jack asked confusingly as he looked towards the window and reached for his phone.

"Eight thirty," Sam said replying. "Did you get a few texts from G?"

"Yeah... shoot. I completely forgot we are supposed to meet him at the Hibachi place."

"Right. I forgot too." I looked between the two going back and forth.  

"Emma can come with us," Jacks smiles and the both of them looked towards me. Jack has a hopeful grin and Sam had a small smile, but unsure of what I'd say. 

The two of them waited for me to answer. I became nervous.

"I don't know," I spoke slowly and unsure.

"She's not ready to meet him yet," Sam sighs. I could tell that he was getting slightly frustrated and I felt bad that I was always making everything complicated for him.

"I'm sorry Sam," I reached for his arm, but he pushes away slightly. I felt hurt at the gesture, because he knows I'm not going to change my mind.

"Hey," Jack says softly. "Sam, she says she's not ready. Don't get pissed about it."

"It's very frustrating." Sam stood and I looked up towards him feeling guilty. "I've been so impatient and now that she has met you, I thought it would have been easier to meet G."

"We're in no hurry. Sam chill. She could meet him another time." I watched Sam easily roll his eyes, because he has been through this with me countless of times. Sam looked liked he was ready to give up on his patience with me.

"I can go home." I looked towards Sam who rolled his eyes again. He knew exactly what I was trying to do, but I couldn't help it. Tonight I was going to stay at Sam's since I had things going on at home. Sam never wanted me to go there when things were starting to get bad and so I stayed with him for a few nights.

"Emma... don't start," Sam frowned.

"What do you want me to do then? You're clearly aggravated."

"Yes, because you're taking so long to open up to my friends. Would you seriously think I'd have you meet them if I knew you weren't ready to? Do you not have any trust in me?"

"You know I do." I looked down at my fingers.  I sighed knowing I've upset my best friend again and I hated the feeling of letting him down. He knew how panicky I get when meeting new people and since we were now talking about Jack Gilinsky, I thought he'd understand.

Of course I trust Sam. Over these past few years he has been the only person I can trust. It took awhile before I really allowed him to drive me anywhere or before taking me places. He was also the only person who knew about my family and my past. I'd never tell anyone about it without trusting them.

Sam seemed to learn a lot about me and I've always been afraid of what he'd do when I've pissed him off. I've always been afraid of him leaving me for better people.

"I'll drop you off at my house then." Sam interrupted my thoughts. Jack was unsure of what to do and I ran my fingers through my hair. I looked between the two and stood slowly.

"I'll go with you guys. I trust you Sam. I'm sorry," I apologized. "Please don't be upset or annoyed." Sam sighs and only nods slightly before looking towards me.

"I'm not upset. I'm not annoyed. I'm... trying Em. I know this is difficult for you. I can tell G we're not goi-"

"I'll go," I looked towards Sam having full trust in him. If he wants me to meet him today, I'll meet him today. Maybe it won't be too bad. Jack here and I have been playing Mario Kart for almost four hours straight. Sam had a guilty smile and looked unsure at first.

"I promise G is a lot nicer than me," Jack chuckled. "You'd be surprise how he can be and I think you guys have a lot in common." I nodded as Jack stood too and put his controller down.

"We should get going then," Sam half smiled and I assumed he was sending a text to G.

"We can continue our rounds next time you're over.

"That sounds like a plan," I nodded and I helped Jack tidy up the table as he turned the GameCube system and tv off. "Thank you for having me over." Jack smiled as we began following him upstairs.

"Of course. I've been wanting to meet you for the longest time. I'm glad today was the day. It has been really fun with you." I smiled before we were all making our way out of the basement.

"G said that he has a table reserved for us," Jack said to Sam. Sam only nods as we made our way out of the house and into Sam's Jeep. Jack allowed me to take the passenger seat and he sat behind me.

As I put my seatbelt on, I thought about how I would soon be meeting Jack Gilinsky.